Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Thrower's forum

Alright- I'm very glad I had come into this conversation at the time that I did because I had the pleasure to read all of the ignorant, pompus*(sp?), rediculous accusations, and statements made about the throws. EVERY...

EVERY ONE WHO IS A THROWER AND ""ISNT A THROWER"" SHOULD READ THIS...EMPHASIS ON THE INST A THROWER.

To say thay throwing takes absolutley no skill and requires no athleticism is just plain stupid. I canont believe your alive and not dead. Anyone can learn to run, shit they do not even need to run correct to succeed. Thrower's need so much athleticism, discipline, focus, mental strength, as well as cardiovascular fitness. How can you say that having a 40" vert jump while weighing 280-330 is unathletic? How could you say that moving unbelievable amount of weights in a clean and jerk or snatch unathletic? This leads me into the 2nd part of my Firey Tantrum.

Whoever said that the Throws promote Steriod and Drug use...Dude, Your rediculous! 1, Myerscough was busted way back dumbass. 2, Whoever said that Throwers are people who couldnt make it to the NFL? YOUR SO IGNORANT. Top Throwers are 20 x's more athletic then Top NFL players, despite the Fact that NFL players are in a Hysteria of Drug Abusing and Steroid Abusing athletes.

Why don't you think that Runners dont juice? You would be suprised at the amount who do? Throwing involves evolving into a superior leveled athlete.

I would like to know Who everyone is, where they live, and invite them to a Big meet where you can see how intense a throwing competition can be.

You neysayers are probbaly still in highschool, or d3 college where most ahtletes are not intense and just plain arent good enough to be intense. Most Throwers and even Runners arent worthy of being dubbed intense in the Highschool Genre. Unless they are State-National level of course. How can you say that Godina, Nelson, Toth, ETC. are not INTENSE!!!!!!!! You have no idea what it is to throw. It is a Life Style. It's Not a sport, But a Life Style. And

TO whoever said expect the throws to be taken out of the olympics by 2008, wait till you see me dumbass because the sole reason you and dumbasses like yourself have that mindset is because the throws competitions do not have thier diserved Media coverage, but believe me.

The throws should have more coverage then the Runners because 1, Its amazing to see. 2, It's more INTENSE. 3, They take so much more skill, and all around athlete to compete in the throws.

I cannot believe that thier are so many closed minded ignorant idiotic stupid people on this Forum board. I egerly await your reply.

Comment

" Anyone can learn to run, shit they do not even need to run correct to succeed."

Reply- If you succeed, you are running "correct", this is the point of racing.

" Thrower's need so much athleticism, discipline, focus, mental strength, as well as cardiovascular fitness. How can you say that having a 40" vert jump while weighing 280-330 is unathletic? How could you say that moving unbelievable amount of weights in a clean and jerk or snatch unathletic?"

Reply.. your "athletic" representation of yourself
      reminds me of Frank Shorter's comment " Hey, EVERYONE ran a 4:30 mile in highschool ! "

Whoever said that the Throws promote Steriod and Drug use...Dude, Your rediculous! 1, Myerscough was busted way back dumbass.

Reply ... Ben Johnson didn't promote steriod use because it was 15 years ago , right?TJ Hunter, How Long was USA National Champion? He failed 4 Doping tests! This was the number 1 guy in the country. The USATF turned there back on this because they knew he was the best bet for an American Olympic Gold. He was market by Nike , promoted by the USATF , and allowed to compete for America all after 2 failed test. I guess failing 4 doping test is the American threshold.

Whoever said that Throwers are people who couldnt make it to the NFL? YOUR SO IGNORANT. Top Throwers are 20 x's more athletic then Top NFL players, despite the Fact that NFL players are in a Hysteria of Drug Abusing and Steroid Abusing athletes.

Reply ..What proof do you have of this? Why 20 times , how did you come up with that number? Name the NFL players who are abusing Steriods. The NFL has a no disclosure policy, what is the point of the argument if you just start making up shit ? I'll name roid abusers. CJ Hunter , Myerscough . They were throwers , not NFL players.

I await your reply.

Comment

>..What proof do you have of this? Why 20 times ,
        >how did you come up with that number? Name the
        >NFL players who are abusing Steriods. The NFL has
        >a no disclosure policy, what is the point of the
        >argument if you just start making up shit ? I'll
        >name roid abusers. CJ Hunter , Myerscough . They
        >were throwers , not NFL players.

I await your
        >reply.

Jim Harbaugh, Julius Peppers were busted for steroids in the previous two years, and 3 oakland raiders were busted for THG (Romo, Barrett Robbins, Stubbelfield and 1 other).

Comment

D3 not intense? Give me a break!

Comment

For all those who do not understand or have a dislike or just dont think theres any reason why we should still have the throws,

I tell you what, go somewhere were you can find a 16 lb shot and a 2k discus and just try to throw them, and after you've thrown your 7 feet with both,
            come back and tell us that throwers dont have any reason for being apart of the olympics or Track and Field period, and I think when you do that you'll relize that it does takes a great dill of athletic ability to throw the implements those kinda distances that they do (70,220)not to mention the strength and mental ability!! then you'll or should have a hole different opinion about us

take care
            and good luck in your throwing.

Comment

Correction: Most D-3 not intensive if I already had not written it in the original post.

Why 20 times? Its called a figure of speech genius. No discloser policy yes, but they abuse none the less, even if there waS A disclosure policy they would still abuse. Abuser's are alike world wide, being under a disclosure policy or not. How would I be starting shit? Take a gander at the remarks made about the throws. Please what everyone is talking about is just plane idiocy! I could name a whole lot more throwers who roided also, but those are just the throwers that were bombarded in the media firestorm. Although I am more inclined to believe that Hunter who was taking cough medicine was busted because of that, not roids. But I could be wrong also. Myerscough I beleive most definately did roid. He didnt need too because if you did some lineage tracing- EVERYone in his family is Enormous! I dont see the need for roids, world class athleticism can be achieved with out them; but to say that the throws promoted drug and roid abuse is...again stupid(im running out of vocabulary to describe these imbeciles). Some people proclaim that T&F is such a great sport because its so natural..well maybe the track part, but I beg to differ about the throws. The throws arent natural, its the 2nd most un natural event in t&f. PV being the first. Saying that Throwers are just NFL wannabes or people who couldnt hack it is wrong and I hope all of you people who are dissing the throws see that, and if that is ur true mind set; I pity you because You really have no Idea what Throwing is all about.

Comment

Where to start?

If you simply don't like the throws, I can understand that viewpoint. Some like country music, others like rap. Why? Sometimes it defies explanation.

You may hate the throws but to simply say that it is full of football washouts or requires no skills... that's just not so. It's the same as saying "anybody can run"...too simplistic of a statement.

Drug positives: Throwers certainly have had their share. But there have been plenty of non-throwers that have had positives. It would be interesting if someone in the know out there could produce drug stats for throwers v. other events.

NFL v. TF drug positives: The only reason that TF has more publicity regarding drugs is that TF has a much more stringent policy!! I think you would have to be pretty naive to think that if TF athletes risk juicing up for chicken feed $$, you can bet NFLers will take the same risk for substantially more $$, especially if their chances of getting caught are far less.

Throws gone by 2008: Interesting concept. As a big fan of the throws, I welcome the idea of throws only meets for many reasons. Sadly, we do have a symbiotic relationship with the "130 lb. runners". If the throws were tossed out, then I think either the throws become an anachronistic sideshow, or the best thing that ever happened to the events.

Truth is, the similarities between a thrower and a 10,000 meter runner are little. Training, the structure of the event, the whole culture of the events are vastly different. Yet, they are still together under the guise of TF.

Just some ramblings.

nb

Comment

All runners ... Truce please. Just because the throwers are the least athletic in the Track and Field group is no reason to diss them . Like the previous poster noted , many of the throwers were the fat kids in school and the teachers just pushed them in that direction. To each , his own.

Comment

>All runners ... Truce please. Just because the
                    >throwers are the least athletic in the Track and
                    >Field group is no reason to diss them . Like the
                    >previous poster noted , many of the throwers were
                    >the fat kids in school and the teachers just
                    >pushed them in that direction. To each , his own.

Oh look everybody, another one of the mistreated little girls decided to take out some built up childhood frustration out on the big guys!!!!

by the way, you can take that piece pipe and shuv it straight up your ass

I dare you to try an throw!!

Comment

Enough, thers a very big misconception that throwers are just out of shape, unathletic fatasses that can't do anything else. The truth of the matter is that world class throwers are freaking machines who can hang with any athlete in any sport in terms of speed, strenth, vertical,basically athletic ability.The only reason the throwers most of you see are fat is B/C they are at your yokal local small meets with crappy scrub throwers and probably everywhere you look srcub track athletes.

Go to google image search and type in Robert Fazekas, Lars Riedel, and Virgilijus Alekna, the worlds current 3 best discus throwers and tell me they are fat and can't do anything else. And while your at it do a search on Brian Oldfield who was on the cover of Sports Illustrated and as well as being a former world record holder in the shot put could high jump 7 feet, walk on his hands and run a 10 flat 100 yard dash. Piss off ignorants...

Comment

It's TG weekend, and I haven't been very attentive to the Board for the past few days, but I just noticed the moronic comments of one who uses the handle "Mensa" as if to connote superior intelligence. His remarks include the following:

>What does that comment mean ? You may be a Thrower , but I guess your not a College grad Thrower.<

I guess you're not either. Or if you are, you went to some shit school where they give nouns initial capitals for no good reason and do not distinguish between "your" and "you're."

>TJ Hunter, How Long was USA National Champion? He failed 4 Doping tests! This was the number 1 guy in the country. The USATF turned there back on this because they knew he was the best bet for an American Olympic Gold. He was market by Nike , promoted by the USATF , and allowed to compete for America all after 2 failed test.<

OK, so it's not just nouns that get random initial caps. Moreover, Mensa doesn't seem to care about the truth. If he did, he would know that Mr. Hunter (whose name is CJ, not TJ) did not compete for America after failing two tests. He did not compete in the '00 Olympics at all because he had failed some tests.

>Whoever said that Throwers are people who couldnt make it to the NFL? YOUR SO IGNORANT.<

Maybe there's a just shortage of apostrophes where Mensa comes from.

Just for the record, Mensa, I do not expect perfect spelling and grammar on internet message boards. But I do expect that if you criticize the errors of others, you will adhere to some basic standards themselves. When you fail to do so, you reveal yourself to be not only an asshole, but also a hypocrite.

Comment

Re: Athletic Throwers

First, let me start by saying that I can't believe I'm stuping to the level that I am to engage in such uneducated discussion.

As one of those "unathletic", "drug pushing", "boring to watch" throwers, I would like to add my two cents:

All of you throwers out ther need to settle down. The individuals who are making these statements are obviously not elete level athletes, nor are they at all educated in physiology or training theory, and they must have an inferiority complex about there lack of physical stature. Let me justify my statements:

1. Being an elite levet athlete who has been on several US National Teams, I would have to say that many of the top US distance runners, sprinters, and jumpers have great respect for the throwing events. Elite athletes, and I am hardly talking about these school record holders from Ignorant High School or Sisters of the Blind University (No disrespect intended for those who are blind!), but those who have truly reached the top levels of our sport understand the commitment, the dedication, and the pain and sufferring involved in reaching that level of athletics. These chracteristics are true of all events, and if these were elite level athletes, they would understand this.

2. The notion that throwers are unathletic football wash-outs is the same as saying that any track athlete is also a wash-out from football, basketball, or baseball. Track and field is not a high revenue sport, so why do any of us do what we do? Because we aren't good enough athletes to play another sport? I think not. You guys who are bashing throws run, jump, etc. because you have a passion for the sport and you like the idea of individual competition. We like to beat people, and we are all willing to sacrifice the fame and money for the opportunity to prove that we are the best at what we do, not just a part of the best team.
                          As for athleticism, you might want to read-up on what goes into high level performance in the various events before you call throwers unathletic. Throwing requires more coordination, sequential timing and spacial awarenes than any of the other events in our sport. In addition, you might note that throwing requires the most absolute power generation, which is a result of maximized white muscle fiber development. White muscle fiber is much more difficult to develop than the red muscle fiber involved in distance running and other slow movement sports. Because of this development, elite level throwers often show similar jumping and short sprinting abilities to those of jumpers and sprinters.

3. Your inferiority complex probably stems from the fact that one of the throwers on your high school or club track team kicked your ass and left you head-first, up-side down in the nearest trash can. However, most of the throwers at the elite level are great guys who have as much of a respect for the other athletes in our sport as they do for us. Your ignorance does not make us mean or unfreindly people. Also, the statement that the throwers are the people who are too fat and unathletic to do anything else, and are thereby discarded to the throws, unfortunately is somewhat true..... in high school. However, as I could gladly demonstrate, should anyone like to challenge me, the elite level throwers are often athletes who were the best athletes on the track, but happen to be gifted with the physical size and stature to excel in the throws.

Now that I have justified my earlier statements regarding ignorant posters, let me approach the issues of drugs and spectator viewing.

1. Drugs use and cheating are not most rampant in the areas of the throws, although we do have our problems. There are actually more documented cases of sprinters testing positive than of throwers. In addition, I would speculate, from my own international experiences, that blood doping and the use of EPO are more prevalent world wide among distance runners than steroid use is among throwers. To compound this, I would say that in the US, Track and field has one of the lowest incidences of doping amongst all professional sports in which this type of practice would be beneficial. We simply have the most stringent testing policies, and a full disclosure policy after the full judicial process has been exhausted.

2. As for spectator viewing, it can commonly be seen that the reason for poor spectator viewing is that the sport in general has not been marketed adequately over the past several decades, and the only events that the general public can relate to are the running events. They're popularity has been maintained by the the fitness industry which promotes running, thereby allowing the normal person who runs the ability to relate to the athletes they see in a competition. If throwing events had another industry promoting them, or if the sport on the whole was marketed better to the general public so that people could better relate to the athletes in competition, spectator intrest would be much greater. Disagree? Then why do the World's Strongest Man events have more television viewers than the Marathon Events, Track and Field, etc.? Because it has been marketed well, people love power-strength events, and everyone understands how hard it would be to carry a refrigerator or pull a semi-truck!

Care to argue? I'm all ears.

Doug Reynolds

P.S. Why are you guys afraid to post your real names? Afraid people might figure out that you are just Joe Blow from Hackysack High, who's oppinion doesn't amount to sh*t because you have no education, experience, etc. to base it on!

I appologize if I have offended anyone by posting an educated response!

Comment

I appologize for several spelling and puctuation errors in my last post. I was typing very fast and forgot to double check my work. So, before you go criticizing my previous post, read it for it's content and meaning!

DR

Comment

Great statements Doug.

Comment

Agreed , base the arguments on content , not grammer. "Throw Fan" has a lot of growing up to do and probly falls in your wanker high school group.

Comment

Working...
                                X