Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High Jump Differentials

Lots of those BB vert jump claims are in the same realm as football 40 yd dash times: the wonderful world of bunk. I'd pay to see someone actually pluck a coin from the top of the backboard as some BB'rs have been alleged to have done.

Obviously, if a six-six guy really had a 48" jump he would have to watch out all the time not to hit his head on the rim. I knew an old time high jumper named Mike Lange who knocked himself out jumping into the bottom of the backboard, but that is at a considerably different level from a collision with the 10 ft.rim.

HOWEVER, 20 years ago there was a photo (gh, was it published in T&FN?) that showed diminutive Franklin Jacobs at eye level with a BB rim... that must have been a vert of considerably more than 48". And there was the outrageous pic of Brumel kicking the bejabbers out of a BB rim at a dark, dank looking gym in the USSR.

Comment

Re: High Jump Differentials

I saw Holm's 7-6 clearance in Stockholm and I must admit it was one of the most amazing things I had ever seen in person.

To see anyone jump that high is an impressive thing to watch, but that bar looks much higher when the jumper is only 5-11 or so.

I'm 5-11 and I can't even imagine jumping that high.

Comment

Working...
      X