Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester's 67 Road race images

I had a chance to photograph the race the other day. I'm in the process of posting all of my images. I'm going to have all of the top runners posted within the next day or so. Untill then I have about 20 images up on line.
    I would love to have look at my images and let me know what you think. I'm looking to cover sporting event and I'm always looking to get feedback. Good or bad, I would love to know!

http://hube.smugmug.com/Sports

and

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/index.jsp

Thank you in advance,

Jay/Connecticut

Re: Manchester's 67 Road race images

Wow..... I was thinking that I could get someone to look at the images. Maybe this is not the place to post this message???

Jay

Comment

Jay- the quality of your photos is topnotch, with regard to technical aspects. My main recommendation would be to stay awy from the finish line. The most exciting shots are waiting for you 100m previous to the finish, and earlier. By the time the runners are sloughing across the line, the race, and the drama, is over for most of them (and for the viewer).
      Also, you might post on a site that has more road enthusiasts, like Letsrun.com (hoping this recommendation doesn't get this message deleted

Comment

I haven't looked at the site stats yet but my guess is this is a very slow weekend for visitors to the site and board. Monday morning I'm sure there will be a crush when folks get back to their machines.

Comment

Thanks Ben for the info. I got to tell ya, I really loved covering the event. I'm looking forward to photographing a lot more races in the future. I just need to get my paws on a list of "where and when"!!
          At the Manchester race I was asked to cover the finish line, next time I would like to play a bit more or try to get some different angles.

Jay/Connecticut

Comment

Nice pics, but it brings up a pet peeve of mine. How can these "elites" still have the bad habit of hitting their watches at the finish?? The answer is poor coaching. I've seen this awful habit cost many people victories both on the track & roads. Every time you go to your watch (like Webb does) it costs you one second off your time. You never see the Africans doing it.

Comment

Michael,
              I just wish they didn't do that because it doesn't look good..lol I do understand your point. I'm also glad you liked the images! Now to get to more races!
              I heard that runners start in January. I heard that there are a few big events in NY at MSG.. Does anyone know the name of the event? I would love to work on getting a press pass..

Jay/Connecticut

Comment

Working...
              X