Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footlocker Website

I have been trying to get on the Footlocker Websites since Saturday afternoon to check some results of h.s. athletes from my state.

I have been unable to access the website since the server is over capacity.

Are there any other websites with results from the Midwest Regional?

Thanks!

Re: Footlocker Website

the obvious one: dyestat.com!

Comment

Dyestat sucks, though They are thinking they are the best just because they have the most information. They are not organized, and they overrate themselves.

Comment

if dyestat is not the best source of total US HS track and CC info, which site is better?

Comment

Links to All 3 Foot Locker results sites are on the homepage and results links sections.

Comment

I realize that there are links to the Footlocker Websites on the T&F website, but they were not working most of Saturday.

I have since found the results to the Midwest Regional at WWW.RACEBERRYJAM.COM, compliments of Jack Moran.

Comment

Until this year, Dyestat's greatest value was in its comprehensive results. But now there is a heavy emphasis on "featured meets" and rankings at the expense of broader coverage that reaches down to the developmental level. While the information on the "superstars" is important, every teen who finishes a state or district meet deserves to see his or her name in results. In distance running, only time will tell which of these young runners will develop into a great athlete, or who will become the sport's greatest supporters in the future.

Comment

The problem with the Footlocker website was one of lack of preparation and testing. Whoever wrote the code to serve the results messed up. A temporary fix could have been in place in a matter of minutes and long term fix in an hour or two. The problem was/is a common one and may have only been a single line of code to fix it.

Comment

Dyestat may be the best, but that 'damning by faint praise.'

They lately seem to lack journalistic objectivity by focusing on certain events rather than the broad reporting.

I suppose they're just following the money from their sponsors.

Comment

You may be surprised that Dyestat gets very little help from sponsors, when in fact they pay much more out of their own pocket. Many people have this conception that nearly all running/track sites make money when it's not even close. This is why, at the same time, many people take sites like these for granted. However, Dyestat seems to be a "fan" site not focusing on much journalism but rather pumping up the great athletes and teams. Just look at their headlines sometimes...they have too many exclamation points, etc, that most journalistic media sites would stay away from.

Comment

Working...
                    X