Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Subscribe?

I have been ignoring messages about the annual rankings until my December issue arrrives. It hadn't as of November 30. However, from the web site, I already know the AOY's and could look up the rankings if I desired. I just renewed my subscription, maybe I should cancel.

Re: Why Subscribe?

If you have a subscription you SHOULD subscribe to eTrack. It is FREE for all magazine subscribers. If you were subscribed to eTrack you would have received the rankings and AOY well before it hit the site and in far greater detail.

Anyone having problems signing up for eTrack and click the Contact Us link (on nearly every page) or if you hit a snag in the process my email address ([email protected]) is shown as part of the error message. I am usually extremely responsive to site and eTrack problems.

Ben

Comment

<I have been ignoring messages about the annual <rankings until my December issue arrrives. It <hadn't as of November 30. However, from the web <site, I already know the AOY's and could look up <the rankings if I desired. I just renewed my <subscription, maybe I should cancel.
      Two reasons:
      1(personal reason)/ The magazine gives me much more pleasure (informations, statistics & photos) the web does not, even after many years.
      2(general reason)/ Without subscriptions, no rankings, no web site, no T&FN at all.

Comment

<I have been ignoring messages about the annual <rankings until my December issue arrrives. It <hadn't as of November 30. However, from the web <site, I already know the AOY's and could look up <the rankings if I desired. I just renewed my <subscription, maybe I should cancel.
        Two reasons:
        1(personal reason)/ The magazine gives me much more pleasure (informations, statistics & photos) the web does not, even after many years.
        2(general reason)/ Without subscriptions, no rankings, no web site, no T&FN at all.

Comment

I too enjoy the magazine much more than any online version. Many issues reside in the magazine rack in the bathroom. I had been trying not to see any rankings until it arrived, and had succeeded by not opening any posts about rankings. The pictures of the AOY's then appeared and my method was foiled. I guess my complaint is about the slowness of delivery.

Comment

This time I agree. As an Italian subscriber, I'm
            still waiting for my December issue. And I wait, wait, wait...

Comment

><I have been ignoring messages about the annual
              ><rankings until my December issue arrrives. It
              ><hadn't as of November 30. However, from the web
              ><site, I already know the AOY's and could look up
              ><the rankings if I desired. I just renewed my
              ><subscription, maybe I should cancel.
              This time
              >I agree. As an Italian subscriber, I'm
              still
              >waiting for my December issue. And I wait, wait,
              >wait...

The magazine is about the writing-not the information. You can get the information anywhere almost immediately so once you get your first issue, you wait another month for the next one(etc. etc.) just like everyone else. I just got the Nov issue a couple of weeks ago and don't expect to get December for a couple of weeks. I'll find something else to do in the interim and will still enjoy the issues just as much.

Comment

why subscribe???

a magazine can be read in a number of convenient places, like commuting to work on public transportation.

as to subsribers keeping t&f afloat, I thought the tour aspect of t&f was where the major profits were made??

Comment

The magazine offers so much more than the on-line stats. The pictures and in-person observations of the writers is what makes the magazine so enjoyable. If I can't be there at least I can read and see it through another's eyes. Now if only I can talk my wife into a second magazine rack in the bathroom for the older issues......

Comment

As I've said on another thread, I think it's essential that the printed version of T&FN remain viable. It's not a matter of simple "nostalgia" for ink-on-paper. It's the physical reality of the magazine format that's important--and the idea that the information will have a real physical life beyond the present moment (or week). If we think this information is really important, we will want it to be around in some tangible and readable form a year, or many decades, from now. We can only be assured of that extended life when the information is in ink-on-paper form.

Of course, the obvious challenge is to make the printed version WORTH having in addition to the electronic version. While this isn't the easiest problem to solve, I believe the T&FN staff know how to do it...

Comment

I've been saying this for a while and it hasn't happened YET, but sooner than later, the print version of most magazines, T&FN included, will go on-line exclusively and if we WANT hard copy, we will print it out. Given the advance of bandwidth technology, wouldn't that be the ideal situation anyway? Instant transmission is cheaper and more timely. I would pay a premium for that now. Snail mail really is obsolete.

Comment

I subscribe because I think that the sport needs the News. I consider it a donation and not a subscription.

Comment

A totally valid point of view. I would hope you (we) aren't alone in that sentiment....

Comment

>I have been ignoring messages about the annual
                            >al rankings until my December issue arrrives. It
                            >hadn't as of November 30. However, from the web
                            >site, I already know the AOY's and could look up
                            >the rankings if I desired. I just renewed my
                            >subscription, maybe I should cancel.>>

But if you cancelled, then you wouldn't be able to look up the rankings "if desired." Only magazine subsribers got the mailing with the names of all the Rankers.

Comment

>A totally valid point of view. I would hope you
                              >(we) aren't alone in that sentiment....

I second that, and the prior comment. If "we"... the hard cores... do not subscribe it's then all over.

Comment

Working...
                              X