Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Jonathan Edwards

In a few weeks time, I shall be doing an interview with Jonathan Edwards. As always, if anyone wishes to submit a question to ask him, then post it here and I'll try to include it.

The latest interview (with Angella Issajenko) is now online:
    http://www.athleticslinks.com/aotm_issajenko.html

Re: Interview with Jonathan Edwards

Just put that link on TC. High-lighted the following quote:

"AI: I still train very hard. In fact, I am toying with the idea of running in a local meet this winter. The women in Canada in the sprints 100 to 400m are awful. Our national championships was won in 11.47 and 23.3 - my God, this is so pathetic. I have no interest in Masters - I would run with the Canadian athletes and I tell you they would be scared. Can you imagine, no-one in the Country can break 11.30. They need a wake up call. The problem is they win the national championships in 11.4 and think they are really doing something."

Comment

Yup, as always - Angella isn't afraid to speak her mind! She's great!

Comment

"The latest interview (with Angella Issajenko) is now online:"

Her entire career and performance's were based off steriods. That she herself admitted to in the Dubin EnQ. She should keep her big yap shut about todays generation who are trying to do this drug free. Canada should deport her.

Comment

>Her entire career and
          >performance's were based off steriods.

Not entirely true. She ran 11.20 and 22.80 in 1979 without the use of steroids, and now regrets ever taking them.

Personally, I feel it's refreshing to have someone so vocal about such issues when so many people are content to keep schtum about it all.

Comment

Edwards had one of the best power to weight ratios for a jumper. I think a double body weight clean. Could you maybe ask him for his all time lifts?

Comment

I know he can clean 160k, I saw it.

Comment

"On top of this, she acheived world indoor records in the 50yards (5.74)"

Actually that would have been Evelyn Ashford, not Issajenko.

Comment

Sorry Jon you are right Issajenko tied Ashford's record. A great Issajenko story came by way of a friend who knows her well: She was in a nightclub when some woman started hitting on her boyfriend. As Issajenko supposedly told the story, someone informed the woman who's boyfriend she was hitting on, "and she ran!!!"

Comment

How about asking JE who he thinks might be capable of setting the next TJ record?

Comment

>Sorry Jon you are right Issajenko tied Ashford's record.

I was gonna say! You'd have ATFS to argue with if that fact was wrong! ;-)

Comment

To the person who told me to shut up are you by any chance one of those Canadian women who cannot break 23 seconds one does not need drugs to break 23 seconds
                        And here is the anology I am quite fond of using If you give a donkey the same treatment as a race horse you take it to the Kentucky derby It will not win simply because it is a donkey It will however be the fastest of the donkeys. Are you perhaps a donkey? And by the way drugs does not make good athletes, they are born.
                        Cheers
                        Angella

Comment

First of all I am a loner and do not often hang out with people. I was never in a night club, Certainly not one with women who would hit up on my boyfriend. You see if I do go to clubs I go to Male gay clubs. For christ sake how do these rumours start.

Comment

Who the fuck are you Micheal Lewis. And tell your friend who knows me well that this is a bullshit story. My partner and I go out seperately as I am fond of gay men and he is straight so therefore how could this happen.
                            It is amazing the stories people spread.
                            Cheers
                            Angella

Comment

well juice to the hilt or whatever you call your self. Canada will not deport me. I was given the order of Canada It is the highest award given to its citizens.
                              I am sick and tired of people like you who act as if athletes who were involved in doping infractions murdered children, for christ sakes lighten up. And if you are Canadian why are you so unforgiven did I kill any of your relatives?
                              If you are on the other hand American I fully understand your anamosity. By the way I saw many women in the 80's with mouthstaches who people like you probably believe ran without drugs, but of course they did not have the Dubin inquiry did they. If you want to be pissed at anyone try the American federation for its cover ups and try the IAAF for accepting lame excuses for Nandrolone positives tainted supplements my ass "I believe I was only taking supplements" Put your energies into voicing your opinions about having changes in the sport in regards to doping. I am for every one competing equally, not athletes in countries where they cover up the positives.

Comment

Working...
                              X