Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You took the words straight out of my mouth

US cover-ups and no real will to make a change.

Comment

Yes, there are some dirty Americans, but let us not forget that doping is a WORLDWIDE epidemic.

Comment

Re: Interview with Jonathan Edwards

I'd like to know what Jonathan Edwards did for training. What he did in the preseason and during the season. Did he use any resistance equipment? He is slim, yet has an incredible hop - what does he attribute it to. Was he good in any other sports?

Comment

Angella, I think it's part of the cycle - you were a celebrity when you ran fast and now you're an ex-cheater. Can't blame the detractors!

Comment

I am much more than an excheater. I am the mother of 4 wonderful children and have a life beyond track and field as a matter of fact up until last year I had no idea who ran what in the world. I could'nt care less. and every one is as famous as their last race anyways. Where are all the other women I ran against? Florence is dead. Where is Ashford? they were famous when they ran as well.Plus as I said whose mother did I murder. Lighten up its just Track and Field an amatuer sport that is at the bottom of the totem pole especially here in Canada.

Comment

Hi Keyser Soze,
              The rest of the world have positives sometimes yes , they announce them, give the penalties and life goes on. Every cover up that has been published involves the American Federation.This is why the rest of the world gets so frustrated.It must be the same treatment for evey one.

Comment

you must have missed the latest revelations. see the front page of this site and what CJ Hunter is saying about the IAAF

Comment

>I am much more than an excheater. I am the mother of 4 wonderful children and
                  >have a life beyond track and field as a matter of fact up until last year I had
                  >no idea who ran what in the world. I could'nt care less. and every one is as
                  >famous as their last race anyways. Where are all the other women I ran against?
                  >Florence is dead. Where is Ashford? they were famous when they ran as well.Plus
                  >as I said whose mother did I murder. Lighten up its just Track and Field an
                  >amatuer sport that is at the bottom of the totem pole especially here in
                  >Canada.

This is a track and field message board; in this realm as far as I am concerned you are no more than an excheater. I don't care if you are the mother of 4, 40 or even 400 wonderful children. I don't care about your children. Your comments about Flo Jo and Evelyn Ashford show exactly the class of person you are, and you make light of your cheating by comparing it to murder? Wow, you never murdered anyone, I am so impressed.

Comment

"Who the fuck are you Micheal Lewis. And tell your friend who knows me well that this is a bullshit story. My partner and I go out seperately as I am fond of gay men and he is straight so therefore how could this happen."

Well, his name is Mark B., he is gay, and he didn't even know I was a track fanatic when he first mentioned you, Angella. He told the story because it was funny that anyone would think of running away from you, and he told it with a good Jamaican accent. So it sounds like some of the details might match. I'll be kind enough to spare our readers any of the others I heard, you will by now likely be reading through the lines, so to speak. And you have a charming mouth on you. Do your four lovely little ones talk like you too?

Comment

Angella, I think hurdlindub and Michael Lewis just brought the smack-down on you. You probably shouldn't bother replying.

Comment

NOW YOU GUYS ARE JUST BEING RUDE WHY STOOP TO THIS LEVEL?

Comment

interview is actually quite interesting. she is quite candid about Dubin inquiry and doping.

the strangest thing about this thread is that it's tied to Jonathan Edwards, "me clean liver, all-around good guy," of the sport.

Comment

"the strangest thing about this thread is that it's tied to Jonathan Edwards, "me clean liver, all-around good guy," of the sport."

The thread could as well have been called "Interviews with Jonathan Edwards and Angella Issajenko", given Jon's first post.

Comment

>"the strangest thing about this thread is that it's tied to Jonathan Edwards,
                              >"me clean liver, all-around good guy," of the sport."

The thread could as
                              >well have been called "Interviews with Jonathan Edwards and Angella
                              >Issajenko", given Jon's first post.

Yet another reason for an edit function!! (I don't think the preview function had been implemented when I first posted it).

Comment

Jonothan Edwards is one of my favorite athletes of all time. He was favored in Atlanta and lost to Kenny Harrison (also one of my favorites)in perhaps the greatest head to head competitions in any sport in any time..better than Lewis versus Powell in Tokyo as the relationship between Lewis and Powell was luke warm at best. Edwards and Harrison seemed to have a general respect and affection for each other. Track and Field News had a great picture with the two embracing after Harrison won captioned "two happy jumpers." Edwards seemed sincerely happy for Harrison. After sportsmanship like that, I was really pulling for Edwards in Sydney....and like the great champ he is (was)...he won the gold...on a shorter jump compared to 1996 which shows what a incredible jumper Harrison was as well. I also recall Edwards had a bad year in 1999 and placed third I believe at the World Championships. There was a moving clip of him leaving the TJ pit and going to his wife in the stands for support.
                                Edwards is also a deeply religious man and acts like one in success AND failure....unlike many NFL football players who publically put their faith in God so that they will be aquitted of Rape, Murder, DWI charges etc..etc..
                                In an interview..I would just tell him that I was a big fan of his.

Comment

Working...
                                X