Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn relays or Texas Relays

Who puts on the best meet. And which one is the biggest?

Re: Penn relays or Texas Relays

You can't be serious.

Comment

>You can't be serious.

There is only one Penn Relays.

Comment

Easterners become very protective when anyone tries to compare anything to the Penn Relays.

I went to college at a school in the East and had a teammate from Iowa. He was always talking up the Drake Relays and arguing that they were as good as the Penn Relays. He and some easterners on the team used to have some ferocious arguments about this issue.

Comment

Penn Hands down! I won twice, say no more.

Comment

>Penn Hands down! I won twice, say no more.

hey I even got a bronze myself..sacred hardware.

Comment

Depends on what you prefer...

endless heats of east coast DII & DIII schools running 44 flat 4x1s and 3:20 4x4s, go for Penn.

If you prefer national class athletes in every single event go for the Texas Relays.

Comment

Cooter, part of the mystique of Penn is the QUANTITY of races, one after another after another all day nonstop. The logistics of this, herding teams into the stadium, onto the track, the off the track and out of the stadium, is merely amazing... you never saw so many "mile relays" in your life ! And the crowd, particularly down at the horseshoe end, screaming for each and every race like it's the Olympics.... gotta be there to understand it.

Comment

Oh! Yeah! Well I came third at OFSAA cross country!

Comment

Been to both. No comparison. Penn is far better in almost every way.

Comment

I'm a little stunned at the bias here. If one had to choose between Texas and Penn (and they aren't the same dates, so this discussion is a bit silly), there are compelling arguments for both. As a Pac 10 coach, I'm torn. On the one hand I'd love for my athletes to experience the thrill of Penn or Drake - both fine meets and certainly something to be remembered. But I also know that there are only so many meets in a season and I need my stars to go where both, the competition and performances are stellar.

Comment

I like the weather at Texas Relays and I'll be running there this year but the Penn Relays atmosphere and overall meet is better when it doesn't rain.

Comment

Sea Ray Relays at Tennessee is as good or better than Texas when it comes to QUALITY. The meet records from Sea Ray are overall better than Texas. And the meet results are usually better as far as winning marks. Texas is deeper, but Sea Ray is better at the top.

Comment

Who the hell is talking about Drake or Sea Ray relays, it's about Texas and Penn. I have been to Texas relays for the past 3 years and they put on a great shows, and it is very organized unlike Penn relays athlete are on the field, looking like if it's a high school meet. I'm not talking about the people in the stadium. What do we consider a great show. Seeing endless mile relays, and 4x1?(Penn) Or seeing Olympic champion, world class athletes, nationally ranked high school individuals and teams. World class college runners? (Texas). So you see the bias in favor of.

Comment

Penn has world class athletes and Olympic champs as well.

However, I agree with huh's view that there are way too many races at the Penn Relays.

Is everyone fired up for the "South Jersey Small" girls high school 4x400? To be followed by endless other high school 4X400's, all for groups of schools that are so specific that nobody in their right mind could care?

You could probably ax about 50 percent of the races at the Penn Relays and make it a better meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X