Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brussels - W200 - Gevaert takes win on home soil

Not a blisteringly fast time (22.75), but a commanding win nonetheless. Gevaert ran an amazing bend and had a HUGE lead with 80m to go. Torri Edwards (who had run the 100m just 25 minutes earlier) came back strong at the end but couldn't quite make up the ground.

1 GEVAERT, Kim BEL
    2 EDWARDS, Torri USA
    3 FLETCHER, Sherry GRN
    4 MOORE, Lashauntea USA
    5 HURTIS-HOUAIRI, Muriel FRA
    6 FERGUSON MCKENZIE, Debbie BAH
    7 MARIËN, Hanna BEL
    8 MOTHERSILL, Cydonie CAY
    9 BORLÉE, Olivia BEL

Comment

Did Edwards fall asleep in the blocks? Reaction time of 0.300 from someone consistently reacting in 0.130 is odd.

Comment

do the field get paid off/"knobbled" not to beat kim in belgium ?

a derisory winning time & the gals don't come anywhere near her & run hugely below their ability

i get the feeling if kim had run 23.75, she'd still win, with 2nd in 23.81

also seems promoter didn't ask felix to run ( probably coudn't pay her enough money to race & lose & thus plain didn't invite her ! )

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
          also seems promoter didn't ask felix to run
          See other threads - Felix has had to go back to Uni.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
            also seems promoter didn't ask felix to run
            See other threads - Felix has had to go back to Uni.
            amazes me she coudn't pay a friend to take down the lecture notes & she coud catch up with her studies after berlin

a few thousand dollars for winning is not to be sniffed at !

Comment

also seems promoter didn't ask felix to run ( probably coudn't pay her enough money to race & lose & thus plain didn't invite her ! )
              They probably wanted her to run --- but not the 200m!

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveTrack
                They should have paid her good money to run against Sanya in the 400. I would have bet good horse money on that one1

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta
                  Originally posted by ILoveTrack
                  They should have paid her good money to run against Sanya in the 400. I would have bet good horse money on that one1
                  Yeah, they should have. But evidently they didn't!

Comment

W 200 Gevaert 22.75

What is the problem?

Felix is qualified for 400 @ WAF on Sunday 23Sept vs. Richards.

IAAF will probably give wild card to her for 200 @ WAF on Saturday 22Sept vs Gevaert.

If Lauryn Williams run 100 @ WAF will she treat it as a "BIG MEET?"

These questions make the Women's sprints interesting unlike the Men's sprints where Gay & Wariner are not running.
                    none

Comment

The gun was quick all night and it hampered times. Look at the RTs for the men's hurdles.
                      Torri was caught completely off guard, if you watch the race only fletcher reacts, Torri I am not sure was at set yet when the starter shot the gun.

Comment

The crowd response to this victory was huge... I was flabbergasted to see in the programme that this was Gevaert's 4th win at Van Damme of the furlong... one of the oddest 'peaks' to have in consecutive seasons (or perhaps the fields have been weaker than one would expect at such a meet?)

Comment

Originally posted by AS
                          The crowd response to this victory was huge... I was flabbergasted to see in the programme that this was Gevaert's 4th win at Van Damme of the furlong... one of the oddest 'peaks' to have in consecutive seasons (or perhaps the fields have been weaker than one would expect at such a meet?)
                          see eldrick's post 9 lines above as a good explanation....

Comment

Working...
                          X