X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webb's PB's

Does anyone know what Alan Webb's best times for the 1500/mile this year

Re: Webb's PB's

His best mile was a 3:58-something at the Pre classic. Don't know what his best 1500 was. let's get another 100+ post Webb thread going!!!!!!

Comment

What the hell! 3:58, thats brutal

Comment

Here are Webb's seasonal bests.

3:42.87i Alan Webb (Nik)........Armory Inv..02/15

Mile
        3:58.84 Alan Webb (Nik).........Eugene GP..05/24

Both were easily located by going to Lists > US Men > 2003 Comprehensive on this site.

Comment

Sorry! Just calm down. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by not looking on that website

Comment

Thus his PR for the 1500 should be around 3:40.
            Right now he is an average professional miler.
            He will be great someday.

Have any of us on this forum run a 3:58 mile. My mile PR is 45 seconds slower. From where I stand a 3:58 is awesome. From where EL G stands a 3:58 is a stroll in the park.

When judging someone it is about expectations. If Webb never ran that 3:53 in high school nobody would be bothering him. We would be saying there is a pretty good 20 year old running just under a 4 minute mile.

Track fan conversation if Webb never broke 4 in high school.

"Who is he"

"His name is Alan Webb. He is 20 and just under 4."

"Maybe someday he will run 3:50"

"He is running about as fast as Joe Falcon was at 20"

"Good point, didn't he get second last week in a XC meet"

"Yeap, that is the guy - Alan Webb."

"That second last week was pretty good. I will remember that name."

Comment

here we go again, another 100+ thread about Alan Webb.

Comment

Its a mad house..,a mad house.

Comment

I think Mile Fan makes a really good point, that perspective governs how we feel about nearly everything (if not EVERYTHING). Maybe some of the really disappointed Webb fans could find some joy in watching his career if they changed the angle.

Comment

But the point is he did run under 4:00 in high school. A 3:53 for that matter. So Webb fans should have reason to be wondering why A Webb isn't running any faster

Comment

Robison's turn in the sun

Everyone in Track and Field is wondering why Webb is not faster. His high school record is good in that it has given some financial security.

That fact remains unless he get his mile time down to at least 3:55 he will have a hard time getting a spot of the 2004 Olympic team. It has been 2.5 years since Webb has run under 3:55.

Right now due to his 3:35 1500meter run in Europe Robison is the "man" in US miling. Robison 3:35 PR is virtual identical to the 3:53 Webb ran in High School. That only difference is Robison ran that time recently.

Until Webb reaches his potential lets give Robison his day in the sun. Robison worked hard to get where he is today. Webb is only 20 and will most likely have his day in the spotlight. Lets stop ignoring other talented runners because their name is not Alan Webb.

Comment

"So Webb fans should have reason to be wondering why A Webb isn't running any faster"

Being curious and being obsessed are not the same.

Comment

Every once in a while an athlete will have that "twilight zone" kind of day...going far beyond what could be considered realistic. I believe this is what happened in Alan Webb's case re: the 3:53.43 in Eugene. I suppose one could say that this performance is both a blessing (he was thrilled with the result at the time) and a curse (hasn't been able to approach it since)--and having read all of the threads here re: Webb I'd say it's become more of a curse. But, I think he is coming back nicely this year, and I think he will match or even improve that time (or 1500m equivalent) and also be competitive for a top finish in the U.S. Olympic Trails. I hope he makes the team.

Comment

stop, stop talking right now

Comment

>Every once in a while an athlete will have that "twilight zone" kind of
                              >day...going far beyond what could be considered realistic. I believe this is
                              >what happened in Alan Webb's case re: the 3:53.43 in Eugene. I suppose one
                              >could say that this performance is both a blessing (he was thrilled with the
                              >result at the time) and a curse (hasn't been able to approach it since)-->

His run at the National Meet a couple of weeks after Pre was a pretty fair back up to the 3:53.

Comment

Working...
                              X