1 RICHARDS, Sanya USA WL 49.27
    2 OHURUOGU, Christine GBR 50.40
    3 SANDERS, Nicola GBR 50.70
    4 MBACKE THIAM, Amy SEN 50.75
    5 WILLIAMS, Novlene JAM 51.36
    6 USOVICH, Ilona BLR 51.63
    7 ANTYUKH, Natalya RUS 51.71
    8 RAWLINSON, Jana AUS 52.49

Another score for Sanders over Williams in the head-to-head stakes. But now the battle for the No.2/No.3/No.4 spots looks to be between Felix, Sanders and Ohuruogu. I don't see how Novlene can rank any higher than fifth now.

Comment

I wonder if Isi watched the race. She must have been thinking, there goes $500,000.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
        I wonder if Isi watched the race. She must have been thinking, there goes $500,000.
        Half FULL - I just won $500,000!!!

Comment

If she has an IQ above that of a hamster, can't imagine she would have expected any other outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
            Half FULL - I just won $500,000!!!
            She'd already won $500,000 when Feofanova went out at 4.82.

Comment

With new WL times on Friday night and Sunday afternoon, maybe Sanya's ability to handle rounds is improving.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                If she has an IQ above that of a hamster, can't imagine she would have expected any other outcome.

I'm sure that's what people thought in Indy too. With running Friday it did make today a little more interesting in light of her issues this season.
                There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  Or maybe she was thinking that Richards has only had 44 hours of rest since her Brussells win and that should affect her more than it does the three Osaka medalists and perhaps this will lead to a repeat of the scene in Indianapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceFlorman
                    With new WL times on Friday night and Sunday afternoon, maybe Sanya's ability to handle rounds is improving.
                    Good point. However I believe it has been the 3rd or 4th round where the health effect is the issue. I would imagine a few high test simulations prior to Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuiTai
                      Good point. However I believe it has been the 3rd or 4th round where the health effect is the issue. I would imagine a few high test simulations prior to Beijing.
                      What I don't understand is that in Indy she was able run within 0.1s of Felix in the 200 final when it was her 6th race (3-400's & 3-200's) in 3 days, but she was almost a full second behind her in Osaka when it was her 4th race in 3 days.

Comment

She said in the interview afterwards that she wants to run 48.xx something in Stuttgart, so watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuiTai
                          What I don't understand is that in Indy she was able run within 0.1s of Felix in the 200 final when it was her 6th race (3-400's & 3-200's) in 3 days, but she was almost a full second behind her in Osaka when it was her 4th race in 3 days.

This difference is exacerbated by Felix running significantly faster in Osaka than in Indy (and significantly faster than her previous PR). Richards just doesn't seem ready to go under 22 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
                            She said in the interview afterwards that she wants to run 48.xx something in Stuttgart, so watch out.
                            She may well do that and finish second if Felix decides to run. Keep in mind Felix is not qualified for the 200, but is for the 400.
                            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                              Originally posted by croflash
                              She may well do that and finish second if Felix decides to run. Keep in mind Felix is not qualified for the 200, but is for the 400.
                              I'm really curious to know what Felix will do, the 200 will be on Saturday while the 400 will be on Sunday, so she might compete in both races if she gets (wants) the wild card for the 200. The w400 could be the highlight of the weekend if both are still in good shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X