• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rankings

touche!

Comment

I know, this doesn't deal with "rankings", but this Chambers argument is too funny. Unless he grew up playing a bit of rugby, or American football itself, there is NO way he'll make it. There is no doubt he's a good athlete, but when it comes to the first time he's hit by a 260lb+ linebacker (at top speed) and gets a helmet in the middle of his back, he'll be wishing he had taken a job as a mailman...Only in American football can you hear a coach say, "Son, I want you to hit him so hard that a snot-bubble pops out his nose!!"

Dwain, take my advice----Take the 2 year ban.Because if you play pro football you're life expectancy will drop at least a few years anyway.

Comment

Maybe Chambers should have a talk with John Capel and Leonard Scott. These guys played football all their lives and attended NCAA football powerhouses. Still, their NFL careers didn't quite pan out.

Chambers has a snowball's chance in hell.

Comment

Did Chambers say he was going to play in the NFL, or did he say "play American football"? Do the NFL-Europe teams have a rule that requires some domestic content? Possible they'd give him a shot there, where the level of violence (err, skill) is so much lower?

Comment

Maybe Chambers is confused, and thought "football" meant kicking a round ball into a net. It's hard enough for American tracksters with football experience to make the NFL -- somebody who doesn't even know the game doesn't stand a chance. But if the NFL took him, maybe this would finally put the lie to the NFL's claim to be a clean sport.
            "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

To answer the penultimate question, while I can't cite chapter and verse, I'm virtually certain I saw that he was trying out w/ NFL Europe, not the real NFL.

Comment

>To answer the penultimate question, while I can't cite chapter and verse, I'm
                >virtually certain I saw that he was trying out w/ NFL Europe, not the real NFL.

The chapter and verse...

http://www.nfleurope.com/superbowl/news ... _lede.html

Comment

Working...
                X