Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gebrselassie: 3 straight yrs as world's fastest marathoner?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking at the past results, there's no 2"06 to be had there

so answer has to be a big

NO

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po
      1st prize is $250,000 USD (which may not go as far as it used to, but that's still quite a lot). Maybe course record bonuses too, which should be in Geb's reach, weather permitting:
      I don't think that prize money and bonuses are much of a lure for someone in Gebrselassie's psoition.

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
        1st prize is $250,000 USD (which may not go as far as it used to, but that's still quite a lot). Maybe course record bonuses too, which should be in Geb's reach, weather permitting:
        I don't think that prize money and bonuses are much of a lure for someone in Gebrselassie's psoition.
        I agree -- I just posted that info about the marathon b/c the event itself had become part of the discussion -- as you stated, it also seems to me that Geb is motivated by the pursuit of great performances (times/championships).

weatherunderground avg highs/lows for Dubai in January -- 73/58.

Comment

Yes, Popov -- 57-58-59. A rare accomplishment. I would not be surprised if Geb leads the world again in 2008, which would be unprecedented.
          I missed this thread while on vacation, but gotta give props for digging up a great stat!

Comment

Working...
          X