Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Webb It's His Life

Please stop the "bashing" of Mr. Webb. Unless you've competed at the highest levels you have no idea of what it takes to get there, stay there, and progress. Although I never made it to the top, as a "former" 14:41, (5k), 30:15 (10K), 4:07 (mile) runner I can only admire the work that goes into climbing the mountain. When you can train like Mr. Webb, race like Mr. Webb, and are still climbing to the top like Mr. Webb it's only made harder by the likes of you "bashers." So stop the bashing and go out and train, who knows maybe one day you'll be able to say that you too tried to make it to the top. It's ok to try but at least try and by all means let him try. It's his life and career after all.

Re: Alan Webb It's His Life

Amen.

Comment

Ironically enough, it is the starting of threads like this that gets the nastiness going. Let's just drop the whole thing, K?

Comment

i blame t&fn for all the flack alan webb gets. had they not hyped him so much, our expectations wouldn't have been so high.i don't recall him ever promoting himself.

Comment

my god! everything that you and everyone else is saying has already been said. quit talking about Webb until he races or does something of note. you're not posting anything original.

Comment

"i blame t&fn for all the flack alan webb gets"

It always has to come down to T&FN, doesn't it? I was thinking it might have been that secret 3:53 he ran in HS that leaked out.

Comment

"i blame t&fn for all the flack alan webb gets. had they not hyped him so much, our expectations wouldn't have been so high."

No, no, no! The DEVIL made you do it! Come on, don't ya know he's in charge of everything?

Comment

STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! Until Webb runs a 3:35 or better, I don't want to hear ONE MORE WORD about him!!!!

Comment

a 3:35 or better,

partial dyslexia?

Comment

Your computer speaks to you? That's kinda cool, but spooky. Is its name HAL 3000?

Comment

Michael . . . think for a sec - he meant 1500.

Comment

No, I MEANT 3:35--who cares about a 3:53 mile anymore...he's already done that. And, yes, my computer speaks to me...doesn't yours? You should hear what my books are saying...

Comment

"Michael . . . think for a sec - he meant 1500."

Uh, yeah, I know, hence the joke about partial dyslexia. Never mind.

Comment

3:35 still won't make the top 20 list. Are we talking about being competitive here in the U.S. or with the rest of the world?

Comment

sorry, but i don't sit glued to my computer for hours on end, so i don't see all the trash talk. and i still say t&fn should have known better, i don't care if Webb ran 3:35 in HS.

Comment

Working...
                              X