Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stop the Alan Webb threads, they only promote Webb bashi

Have any of you guys tried putting a 1.0GHZ G4 processor in a 1998 G3 desktop. I hear it is possible.

Comment

Panther won't help against determined bug writers ...

If you want to stuff a G4 into your old G3 (is it a blue & white) contact Sonnet. Don't listen to the naysayers either. Upgrading isn't much of a problem, unless you're technically challenged.

I like my Mac, but it's funny how fast they withdrew those "World's Fastest PC" ads after the dual 64 G5's less than stellar performance against single CPU Athlon and Pentium machines. Yes, we know software (and operating systems) aren't optimized for 64 bit ... yet ... but still, Apple should have had software up and ready to go when the G5 was released. FCP 4.1 is optimized, but ...

Comment

I beieve the G5 is still the fastest when it comes to various photoshop rendering tasks. Motorola really put Apple in a bind for the last few years by not releasing upgraded processors. It is good Apple is now going with the IBM RISC processor. Without processor production I don't know what the point of Motorola is. Can they survive on Cell Phones alone?

Comment

I have no idea why

a. this perfectly good (i.e., bad) Webb thread is all about computers (even tho I started the virus thing)

and

b. what the hell you techno-geeks are talking about

but I do get the cosmic irony of this statement from the previous post:

"It is good Apple is now going with the IBM RISC processor."

Comment

Re: Buy Apple instead of PC

I should of said Apple has been using the RISC processor since late 1993 when the first Power Macs were introduced.

Folks, check out Macaddicts 20 year MAC anniversary addition on sale now. There is a complete synopsis of Apple's interesting but checkered history.

Comment

"it's funny how fast they withdrew those "World's Fastest PC" ads "

Tomshardware.com is to cutting-edge technology what T&FN is to track and field. Highly respected site which my best friend who writes drivers at ATI thanked me and called it "a gem of a site". Re: Macs being world's fastest PC's, Toms opined "Apparently there are some people who will believe these claims. Whatever."

Comment

Maybe the PC's are faster at data processing, while the Macs are faster at graphic rendering. Macs are tailored made for graphic and video professionals.
                The speed test can be designed to favor either the Mac or the PC. Macaddict magazine for example uses very graphic orientated tests when calculating processing speed.

Comment

Working...
                X