• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Webb...

How is Jon Gill doing.

Comment

"Another M Lewis basterdized response. You have lost
      the point of the whole discussion and once agian turned it personal. What is the matter with you?"

Thread is about Alan Webb. Someone say "He no have talent." Me say " Who you to say he no have talent." You get confused. It ok.

Comment

"What do you expect from a guy who finds Mutola attractive?"

Does your mother find you attractive? She still loves you, doesn't she?

Maria Mutola has inner beauty. Later in your life you will appreciate that truth more than you do now.

Comment

I predict Webb will be the fittest guy at the trials 1500m, unless a prime Krum runs it also. Whether he has learned race tactics, who knows at this point?

But I completely respect the work he's put in for his current progress. It seems Phase 1 (base) is a smashing success.

Comment

>"What do you expect from a guy who finds Mutola attractive?"

Does your
            >mother find you attractive? She still loves you, doesn't she?

Maria Mutola
            >has inner beauty. Later in your life you will appreciate that truth more than
            >you do now.

My son embarrasses me sometimes.

Comment

>>"What do you expect from a guy who finds Mutola attractive?"

Does
              >your
              >mother find you attractive? She still loves you, doesn't she?

Maria
              >Mutola
              >has inner beauty. Later in your life you will appreciate that truth
              >more than
              >you do now.

My son embarrasses me sometimes.

We wish our son finished school. All he does is eat potato chips and play on the internet.

Comment

And I'm so happy Lewis sees inner beauty in this totally superficial world......

Comment

>As far as Webb reading all this garbage, I bet he does, and I bet he laughs out
                  >loud at most of it.
                  Oh, I didn't say he never reads it...just that he probably doesn't give a damn about it.
                  If he did, he would have cut his own wrists long ago.

Comment

Congrats to Mr. Webb. He is apparently very healthy and quite fit. This should provide a stepping stone to getting that confidence back. He will be needing that confidence and enthusism this spring and summer when he gets into some serious races. Beating a very good steeple chaser at a longer distance bodes very well for him. But it isn't running 54 after 2:58.

Since his races have been relatively low-key (except for this one) he should still be feeling very fresh and is now probably chomping at the bit to start getting some serious speed work. Now its time for Raz to pull back on the reigns and keep him healthy and excited. Maybe one or two more XC races max. Step one has already been accomplished - he is very fit, and confident. I don't see much need to push their luck any further in the longer distance.

The big question is will the speed come back? I think it will but only time will tell.

Comment

More Gill

Comment

It's just too funny. Unfortunately, this is pre the required registration. Once again, I'm not picking on anyone.

"Oh come on. All you bandwagoners. S#$t if Webb was any kind of real athlete, he wouldn't get sucked along in someone elses draft to claim victory by fractions of a second. You approve??? That's not talent. I'll send my praise when he runs from the front like you all think he's capable of."

"Webb will run a 3:52 mile in 2004."

"Webb running level 2 is more realistic than just suddenly becoming a 3:50 miler."

"Webb should consider moving up to the 5000"

Comment

MJD: If you're going to resurrect EVERY old Webb thread, you'll be busy for the rest of the week.

Comment

>MJD: If you're going to resurrect EVERY old Webb thread, you'll be busy for the
                            >rest of the week.

I think I'll call it a day. A search pulls up so many hits that can't be refined that it would be easier to just go through all of the threads by date. But I know that there are some gems in there. I've been a defender of his since he left UM so I remember a lot of them-just finding them would be tough.

Comment

Key-word search (Webb something good something bad everyone hates everyone loves training too hard hardly training enough) ... you get the picture.

Comment

I guess it is official Webb is great again. Now lets flame Stember and Lunn.

Where in the world is Robison. He was the big cheese among US 1500 meter runners before Webb started his tear.

Comment

Working...
                                X