Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice little doggy..

If I hear of one more 120lb cross country runner taunting and harrassing one of man's best friends again I am going to scream... and then I will call peta.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Re: nice little doggy..

Originally posted by paulthefan
    If I hear of one more 120lb cross country runner taunting and harrassing one of man's best friends again I am going to scream... and then I will call peta.
    ??? . . . Um . . . what about the reverse? I totally try to ignore dogs that run at me when I'm out running, but I have been attacked and bitten several times. I'm betting dogs attack people more than people attack dogs.

Comment

I guess you didnt read the feature article on the home page. Please read and then adjust and (mis)align your wry sense of humor before commenting.
      ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

It's more important to be the first responder on every post possible.

Comment

The article doesn't state whether the dog was on a leash. I have had many arguments with irresponsible dog owners who are out in public and don't have their dog on a leash. One woman even told me I would burn in hell because I had the "nerve" to ask her to put her dog on a leash.

Comment

Originally posted by maggot
            One woman even told me I would burn in hell because I had the "nerve" to ask her to put her dog on a leash.
            I trust you are not blaming the woman for reminding you of the fate of your eternal soul should you offend one of the least among us, a justifiably territorial terrier, man' s best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              Oh, that, and the fact that he provided no link or reference whatsoever. :roll:

Comment

I have never really been "attacked" by dog while running but I have had really, annoying little yippy dogs with sharp teeth harass me and there used to be an overly friendly St Bernard in the neighborhood who frequently joined me for a mile or so and liked to gently (fortunately) grab my forearm in his slobbery mouth. It was not painful but definitley interferes with ones arm motion and a lumbering 200# dog can accidentally knock you down..
                I was, however attacked by a German Shepherd guard dog at a service station I used to patronize. I was leaning over the fender checking the oil when the dog, who lived in a doghouse on the driveway and was on an obviously too long leash, chomped down hard on my left buttock, tearing my pants. drawing blood and leaving eight distinctive teeth marks, still visible twenty years later, on opposite sides of that cheek .
                I can testify a dog bite can be very painful both instantly and for some time thereafter.
                I don't know why my rear end looked so tasty to that dog on that occasion. I was a regular customer, had been in that station a jillion times, petted the dog and the station owner was standing beside me when it happened.

The station did not quibble about buying me a new suit.

Comment

the police woud put that dog down over here if you'd reported it

did you not report this "dangerous dog" ?

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                    Originally posted by gh
                    Oh, that, and the fact that he provided no link or reference whatsoever. :roll:
                    sorry about that.

Comment

I thought "doghouses" were reserved for the male of our species?

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                        the police woud put that dog down over here if you'd reported it

did you not report this "dangerous dog" ?
                        Dog and doghouse disappeared immediately and permanently

Comment

Originally posted by maggot
                          One woman even told me I would burn in hell because I had the "nerve" to ask her to put her dog on a leash.
                          My pregnant wife was threatened for walking our basset hound down a street where a guy left his unrestrained dogs in the front yard and they attacked. Her fault obviously.

He got a visit from the sheriff for his trouble. They took his dogs away. I assume they were put down since they haven't been seen since. A month or so later we find out that the guy worked for an acquaintance's father-in-law. We told our friend about it, he told the FIL and he was fired the next day.

I'm still figuring out my third act of revenge.

Comment

The fact is that as a lone runner/hiker/whatever you do not know what an approaching unknown dog has in mind and it is not always snuggling your leg. I hike regularly in territory where dog-owners have free reign at letting their dogs off leash and it is not always pretty. I always error in the favor of this human . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                              I'm still figuring out my third act of revenge.
                              If I were you, I'd be more interested in figuring out his first.

Comment

Working...
                              X