Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: 1988 100m rematch

No one said anything about Donovan Bailey's winter training or how nice the USATF is to you.

Read the posts; we're talking about the NCAA system as generosity to foreign athletes

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I demand a re-race of the 1968 Olympic 5000m!!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I believe this whole thread belongs over in the Hysterical section

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>"Canada would not have a "program" if not for the generosity of our American
    >friends."

We certainly wouldn't have the same program, and that would be a
    >good thing.

Generosity... hee hee. That's a good one.

Maybe your correct , Donovan Bailey training in
    sub zero Winnipeg before the Olympics instead of Flagstaff Az ! Get with it man , why is it so hard for Canadians like you , to step back and thank our neighbors. The running group I'm with sure appreciates the generousity of the USATF towards us in BC.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"Canada would not have a "program" if not for the generosity of our American friends."

We certainly wouldn't have the same program, and that would be a good thing.

Generosity... hee hee. That's a good one.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Linford says no-
    http://sport.guardian.co.uk/athletics/s ... 55,00.html

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

to M lewis
    she would fit right in with Ben, Carl, Dennis and especially Linford---they tested positive for the same drug did'nt they, only she had a beter argument to present to the IAAF

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis
    replied

"Canada would not have a "program" if not for the generosity of our American friends."

The US collegiate system hardly accounts for all of Canada's successes. But although I am not AI hater, I agree with a lot of what he said.

Leave a comment:

• DentyCracker
    replied

Hehe, Raymond Stewart will kick their arses.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"I also think it's a bit funny that IA Hater would go on about the effect that the Mazda club had on Canadian athletics without acknowledging that competing for Penn State probably didn't do much for our program either."

I know who AI hater is, thank god for people like him in our running community. 80% of Canada's Nation Track Team are NCAA trained. Canada would not have a "program" if not for the generosity of our American friends.

Leave a comment:

• The Flash
    replied

>Jim Rome...

...the guy is an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

MJD, I am not saying it's worse. I am saying it's as much of a
    >mindless circus as all of those others. There is no need to quantify the degree
    >of nonsense.

I'm not saying you're saying that either pego. I'm saying Maki did. The problem is that he is just picking on track and none of the other mindless spectacles and that makes it "poisonel".

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

<This guy is implying that this is worse than anything and I don't agree.>

MJD, I am not saying it's worse. I am saying it's as much of a mindless circus as all of those others. There is no need to quantify the degree of nonsense.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I like the idea of the rerun and I'll look forward to watching it. No one in their right mind would expect these guys to be 100% fit again and the race should be viewed as entertainment. If I were one of the 8, I'd love to be involved.

I think AI Hater's "arguments" are a little out of line. Athletes' actions are one part of it, but the structures of the sport, both in Canada and abroad, have played a big role in the direction(s) track & field has taken. Personally, I've appreciated Angella's candor during and since the Dubin inquiry. I don't mind at all that she's coaching, and I agree with everything she says about Ben.

I also think it's a bit funny that IA Hater would go on about the effect that the Mazda club had on Canadian athletics without acknowledging that competing for Penn State probably didn't do much for our program either.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Jim Rome is right to ridicule this race. Jim Rome is an a$shole and his rants
    >usually do not appeal to me, but he is right in this case.

I used to despise him too and loved it when Chris Everett (was that his name?)attacked him on his TV show when Rome was calling him Chrisie. Over the last few years though I've grown to like him a great deal, he has good takes on most sports although I do get pissed when he rubbishes football (the one played with your feet).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X