X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michael lewis
    replied
    Re: 1988 100m rematch

Actually, Merlene Ottey should go in the race. She's about as old as the guys and would probably kick all their asses.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Jim Rome is right to ridicule this race. Jim Rome is an a$shole and his rants usually do not appeal to me, but he is right in this case.

MJD posed an economic argument in favor of this race; I have of course not done any market research on this subject, but if there is great demand for this race, so be it (although I sort of doubt it).

However, I am thinking more about the health of our sport. What good will this race do for our sport? What is the point of it, and what will it accomplish?

While we're at it, let's re-run the following races:

1. The women's 400m from the 1983 world championships
    2. The men's 400m hurdles from the 1972 Olympics
    3. The men's steeple from the 1987 world championships
    4. The women's 200m from the 1976 Olympics

What is the point of re-running these races, you ask? There is absolutely no point. Just like there is no point to re-running the 1988 Olympic men's 100m final.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

10.39am Pacific
    Jim Rome's talking about the rematch right now on the radio...ridiculing it would me more accurate. More positive media for T&F...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>You expend far too much energy and emotion hateing me, its not worth it, I
    >have very good reception from Canadians. In fact people trust me to coach their
    >children, And I am building a group of very talented young sprinters, as a
    >result you will hear lots from me because I possess so much knowledge in
    >regards to sprinting that I simply cannot go away. I am going to make an
    >awesome coach. in fact my ambition is to produce the OLympic Champion in the
    >100 or 200m
    Cheers
    Have a very merry Chriatmas and a Happy New year.

This is my last post on this matter, this is what I and many others preach here at Pacific Sport , "if you cheat and don't get caught , you have to live with it. If you do get caught, the stigma stays with you foreever. " As for the young athletes you are coaching. If any of them progress to an international level , they WILL be guilty until proven innocent because of there association with you. Look how the media handled Denise Lewis and her association with the former GDR coach. Jones and Monty with Charlie Francis coaching them. Whether you think that's fair or mean the way society treats these things , I think the only way to avoid it is to think long and hard before sticking that needle in your arm. Merry X-mas Suzy H , I know you read these boards , all those years the USA Championships were rightfully yours , now we all know the truth.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

You expend far too much energy and emotion hateing me, its not worth it, I have very good reception from Canadians. In fact people trust me to coach their children, And I am building a group of very talented young sprinters, as a result you will hear lots from me because I possess so much knowledge in regards to sprinting that I simply cannot go away. I am going to make an awesome coach. in fact my ambition is to produce the OLympic Champion in the 100 or 200m
    Cheers
    Have a very merry Chriatmas and a Happy New year.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

to IA hater
    I see Angi quite often at the track you would wish you look that good she has defied age and she could probably beat most of the girls running in this country.
    You need to calm down, by the way you will hear lots of her because she is coaching and have some very good young athletes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>IA Hater, may be its not that you competed clean why you did not get anywhere .
    >maybe you were not that talented, they were the first Canadian athletes to earn
    >money and pave the way for others to get invitations to the European meets.
    >Lots of Canadian track athletes rode on their coat tails

I only made it to the 96 Olympic Games. She didn't pave anything , the athletes who competed in Europe ( like myself ) were there because our performances and profile allowed us entry into the GP events. AI knew what she was doing, juicing up , turning herself into a farm animal with all those steroids. I have never come across any athlete in Canada who has said "we owe the Class of 88 an order of gratitude, they really opened the doors for us". Who do you think specifically rode there coat tails? Or are you just being another asshole poster? The race a few years ago with Ben Johnson racing farm animals is just where he belongs. The only thing missing is AI.
    I feel so sorry for my good track friends south of our border , competing clean , and having to defend themselves to the American Media when someone else test positive. Editor GH, keep those athletes like Webb, Suzy Hamilton, Sarah Schwald in the spotlight where they belong. peace

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

IA Hater, may be its not that you competed clean why you did not get anywhere . maybe you were not that talented, they were the first Canadian athletes to earn money and pave the way for others to get invitations to the European meets. Lots of Canadian track athletes rode on their coat tails

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis
    replied

"rock&crap"

drop the c, (the music that lost a letter), rename it hiphop. hot shit!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

A I is a disgrace to Canada. If we had a chance to flush the whole Mazda Track Club down the toilet we should have . Because of her , Ben Johnson , McCoy et. They removed any chance of Canadian Athletes of obtaining any decent sponsorship in the 90's. Being Canadian, competing for Penn State , and being associated with you drug abusing clowns, just because of our ties to Canada makes me sick. Why can't the class of 88' just keep there yapps shut and disappeer. Your 2 year IAAF ban , I could not gives a rats ass, Haven't you got it yet Angela , the real penalty is that athletes who competed clean , like myself,will crap on you for the rest of your life. That's the real penalty.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"And better 60's music than some of the noise that passes for tunes lately."

These durn whipper-snappers today. They don't know nuthin. That M&M's guy has no talent. This shere rock&crap ain't agonna last. Perry Como is the man!

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis
    replied

"The only trivia I know in the whole world is Track & Field, and Music from mid 50's through mid 60's. Pathetic isn't it."

Well you seem to know ALL the trivia in the whole world about Track and Field! And better 60's music than some of the noise that passes for tunes lately.

Leave a comment:

• stevehj197
    replied

>>
    "I second the emotion."

So Steve, substitute "that" for "the"
    >and
    >who sang that?

Too easy. Smokey. I knew when I posted that, the point
    >I was trying to make would get missed. I wasn't really commenting on the
    >absolute level of
    the farceness of the race but, rather, the fact that,
    >relative to all the other nonsense going on out there, it is no worse and
    >probably better. That's all. T&F is just an easy target. This guy is implying
    >that this is worse than anything and I don't agree.

I did not get an a chance to answer, but yes of course it's Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. The only trivia I know in the whole world is Track & Field, and Music from mid 50's through mid 60's. Pathetic isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>
    "I second the emotion."

So Steve, substitute "that" for "the" and
    >who sang that?

Too easy. Smokey. I knew when I posted that, the point I was trying to make would get missed. I wasn't really commenting on the absolute level of
    the farceness of the race but, rather, the fact that, relative to all the other nonsense going on out there, it is no worse and probably better. That's all. T&F is just an easy target. This guy is implying that this is worse than anything and I don't agree.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"I second the emotion."

So Steve, substitute "that" for "the" and who sang that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X