Clear All

Originally posted by AS
    Seeing as the thread seems to be coming back on-topic, my big six would be:

1. Villi's fantastic last gasp Osaka effort
    2. Felix's elegance in the 200m in Osaka
    3. Saladino's fantastic last gasp Osaka effort
    4. Deakes' tear-filled 50kW win in Osaka
    5. Warriner's sheer dominance in Osaka
    6: The free beer I scored at the Brussels GL after Defar broke the 2 mile WR...
    I like your list AS.
    We should have met up in Brussels.
    We didn't bother getting our free beers. ops: ops:

The only thing that would be on my list and not yours (besides the RW one which I did not see) would be Andreas Thorkildsen walking off the elevator in Brussels and bumping right into me. Then the surprise on my husband face when I he opened our hotel door and there I was with Thorkildsen. Highlight of the year for sure!

Canadian highlight- Gary Reed running a great race for silver in Osaka. Wish he had been able to hang on for the gold but hey can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo

Canadian highlight- Gary Reed running a great race for silver in Osaka. Wish he had been able to hang on for the gold but hey can't complain.
      We were sitting with some Canadians for that race, actually for the whole meet. They were very excited.

Comment

Originally posted by trig

We were sitting with some Canadians for that race, actually for the whole meet. They were very excited.
        And I probably know them.
        (that is how small the track world is here).

I am sure they were delightful people to sit with.

Comment

Screamers??

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy

Screamers??
            Oh no, very well behaved, after all they are Canadian.

Comment

Screamers??
              My experience with Canadians (named mojo) at track meets is markedly different . . .

Comment

Screamers??
                Yeah :roll: they're just such quiet, demure fans . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Clouder
                  My personal top four:

...the moment Tyson Gay passed Asafa Powell. Nothing comes close for me, this was the moment of several years.

...the moment Paula Radcliffe broke Geta Wami through sheer bloody-minded force of will.

...the moment two Brit women came past a treading-water Novlene Williams to take the most unexpected 1-2 since...ever.

...the moment Reiko Tosa went back into third place in the hardest race I have ever seen.

Two moments out of four from the marathon and three out of four from women - clearly my horizons were broader in 2007 than one might think from my contributions here!

Justin
                  Gay over Powell was #1 for me too. I can seldom remember a matchup I had so much difficulty calling ... on a related note, a letter writer in the latest T&FN wrote "Gay seems like a throwback to the days when sprinters were known for their fluidity and ease of motion". Were we watching the same athlete ? Gay is anything but fluid and easy, his technique is a train wreck! Powell - now there's ease of motion. Still my favorite for Beijing, if he can only get his head together.

Comment

Originally posted by AS
                    Seeing as the thread seems to be coming back on-topic, my big six would be:

1. Villi's fantastic last gasp Osaka effort
                    2. Felix's elegance in the 200m in Osaka
                    3. Saladino's fantastic last gasp Osaka effort
                    4. Deakes' tear-filled 50kW win in Osaka
                    5. Warriner's sheer dominance in Osaka
                    6: The free beer I scored at the Brussels GL after Defar broke the 2 mile WR...
                    I like your list AS.
                    We should have met up in Brussels.
                    We didn't bother getting our free beers. ops: ops:
                    Now you tell me!!!! :lol:

Comment

I would say the moment of the year was when Marion Jones came clean(ish)

For me, that has dominated 2007
                      "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Comment

Working...
                      X