Mar again?

wWRs in

400, closer than you'd think
    Steeple
    HJ?!
    PV?!
    TJ is a reasonable expectation
    4x1 maybe

this is probably pie-in-the-sky, but that's what we live for round'bout these parts!

110h in front of the Chinese should push whoever wins over that WR line if all the usual ingredients are there in place. Liu Xiang is their OG hopeful. I can imagine the roars to louder than those heard when Freeman ran in Sydney.

Vlasic will clip the WR barring injury.

Comment

Re: 2008 WRs

Originally posted by tafnut
      w400, closer than you'd think
      Define close - I don't think we'll see a sub48 and anything else is not even in the same timezone as the wr

Comment

I reckon there's more chance of a women's 400mH record than a flat 400m WR...

Comment

110h men
          100 men
          400 men
          HJ women

are most likely probably

Comment

The women's 5000m could be revised again by Defar, the men's 20km walk by Kanaykin, plus Volkova looks capable of break the 9-minute barrier in the steeplechase. In theory, so does Samitova, who has set PB's on the track at 800m, mile, 2000m and 3000m (hasn't run a 5000), if she gets back into shape after her second half season blip.
            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

i still got 1993 on my mind, i think the chinese will get some world rcords.
              i will pick
              100 tyson g.
              400. jeremy wariner
              steeple kipkoech
              10k a surprise kenyan
              marathon geb again 20359
              for the women
              800 a chinese girl
              5k defar
              400h tiffany rosswilliams she is from my former neighborhood so this pick is probably more with my heart than head.
              lots of world junior records by chinese girls never heard of before 2008 and probably not after either.

Comment

dont forget 2007 is not over if samual wanjiru is in 5833 half marathon shape he can get the marathon record at fukuoka on december 2nd, but he ran poorly in udine so we will have to see.

Comment

with my pick for the womens 800, i was reading an article by frank horwill the famed british coach where he showed half milers like coe who had a best 400 of 46.9 so his half mile record was basically his best quarter time x 2 and add 4 seconds a lap. there were others like wohlhuter who could do 400 time x 2 plus 3.5 seconds per lap. so if there is a girl who can run 51-52 they could be considered fast, but watch the olympics on tv, but if they move them to 800 that record is long overdue the usa has tons of women who could move up but dont. so maybe the chinese will rather have the 51-52 second women runner winning gold at 800 rather than being a non factor at 400.

Comment

[quote="800 a chinese girl
                    .[/quote]

are you drunk no-one is touching the 8 record :shock:

the 5k can go again to defar but even more so by dibaba if she can be bothered

HJ
                    PV

4H if lashinda gets; her act together she has 49 speed and very good technique
                    i deserve extra credit

Comment

Racewalking records

I think the Chinese are well set up for some racewalking records, men and women, senior and junior.

Quick Silver
                      Hong Kong

Comment

Originally posted by doug091463
                        with my pick for the womens 800, i was reading an article by frank horwill the famed british coach where he showed half milers like coe who had a best 400 of 46.9 so his half mile record was basically his best quarter time x 2 and add 4 seconds a lap
                        his formula also said that 3'30 guys shoud run 12'50

unfortunately for him, 3'30 guys ran 12'39...

Comment

Originally posted by doug091463
                          with my pick for the womens 800, i was reading an article by frank horwill the famed british coach where he showed half milers like coe who had a best 400 of 46.9 so his half mile record was basically his best quarter time x 2 and add 4 seconds a lap
                          his formula also said that 3'30 guys shoud run 12'50

unfortunately for him, 3'30 guys ran 12'39...

Comment

Working...
                          X