Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eugene Attendance

How many are they expecting daily at the Trials in Eugene? I guess I am asking the seating capacity, but not the current one since they are going to out up the temp. bleachers. Anyone have an idea?

Heard at a Trials fundraiser that there will be about 17 to 18 thousand tops. I think so far about 15,600 tickets have been put up for sale and are sold. Athletes, coaches etc. will get passes and there will be some seats set aside for them that will account for a few hundred. I forsee the tighest ticket market for track ever in the US. Track tix in ATL in 96 were cheap in comparison to what we will see next summer.

Comment

thanks!!!!

Comment

I've already bought mine!
        "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Olympic Trials

Seated capacity of Hayward Field for the Olympic Trials will be 15, 235. This does not include the athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, etc., which may be where the higher figures come from.

All-session packages are sold out. There will be a limited number of individual-day tickets available in the Spring. Check www.eugene08.com early next year for on-sale dates. It is likely that a fair number of those who bought all-session packages will not use all 8 days. They will be able to sell back their unneeded tickets to the UO Ticket Office, which in turn will make them available for resale.

You may see some absurd figures for 8-day packages on eBay and Craigslist. Naturally, no one on this board would be so foolish. Having been to 9 Olympic Games and five Olympic Trials, including two in Eugene, have never yet not been able to obtain a reasonably priced ticket to a track meet. For those with patience, the 08 Olympic Trials should be no different.

Comment

Re: Olympic Trials

Originally posted by TJ
            Having been to 9 Olympic Games and five Olympic Trials, including two in Eugene, have never yet not been able to obtain a reasonably priced ticket to a track meet. For those with patience, the 08 Olympic Trials should be no different.
            Has there ever been a Trials meet as heavily pre-sold?

Comment

What kind of things do you believe will go on in this festival thing?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                Has there ever been a Trials meet as heavily pre-sold?
                Certainly not my first one - 1984. :lol:

Originally posted by jney
                A regular T&F Sodom & Gomorrah bacchanalia. The mind and libido boggles . . .

Comment

Originally posted by jney
                  A regular T&F Sodom & Gomorrah bacchanalia. The mind and libido boggles . . .[/quote]

Sounds pretty good. Plus they're supposed to have the best video replay any of us have ever seen...at least in America. Hopefully there won't be video of me in the midst of the bacchanalia.

Comment

Eugene 08 Festival

Actually, it should be pretty cool. For an article with details, http://eugene08.com/news-views-detail.c ... e_unveiled

Comment

Does "sports bar" mean a spot of the adult kind?

Comment

I sure hope so. If I'm going to be in Oregon, I expect quality beer in substantial quantities.
                        "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

I am a season ticket holder for Ducks T&F, and already secured my seats (which I think are the best in the house!) for the Trials. However, a few things has transpired in the past couple months and now it does not appear that I can go.

I don't want to make any money off the sale of my tickets; but I do want to sell them to someone in the track & field community who would really appreciate them. Any suggestions?

Comment

Post that on the Trading Post. Nice handle.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                              Post that on the Trading Post. Nice handle.
                              LOL, I thought that as an F at first!

Comment

Working...
                              X