Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eugene Attendance

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Food & Drink

    Originally posted by TJ
    Not one beer garden on-site, but possibly even two. Food will be provided by a mix of local vendors in order to offer a variety of cuisine.
    And now the bad news.... the local vendors are McDonalds, Jack In The Box, Burger...... :-)

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by gh
      Originally posted by RMc
      TJ - one thought: has the organizing committee considering putting the USATF and corporate sponsors in "skyboxes" at the end of the track as they did in Sacramento? Perhaps the worst thing possible is to have a bunch of empty seats on the finish line as they did in Indianapolis....
      check out the map (little late in the game for this suggestion!)

      http://www.eugene08.com/UserFiles/File/OT08_Map.pdf
      I see there are several "skyboxes" at the south and north ends of the stadium. Is this what they'll be used for?

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Food & Drink

        Originally posted by gh
        Originally posted by TJ
        Not one beer garden on-site, but possibly even two. Food will be provided by a mix of local vendors in order to offer a variety of cuisine.
        And now the bad news.... the local vendors are McDonalds, Jack In The Box, Burger...... :-)
        The the "local" beer with be Weinhard's..... :wink:

        Comment


        • #34
          Let's hope that the enhanced layout at Hayward includes enough johns to take care of the beer-induced traffic!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by gh
            Let's hope that the enhanced layout at Hayward includes enough johns to take care of the beer-induced traffic!
            I don't think that prostitution is legal in Oregon.

            Comment


            • #36
              honi soit qui mal y pense!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by trackstar
                I sure hope so. If I'm going to be in Oregon, I expect quality beer in substantial quantities.
                As they say down under, no worries mate.

                And for the Pinot Noir feaks, just keep driving up the Willamette Valley, where they do some really wonderful things with the grape :shock: Oh, yeah, Oregon rocks

                Comment


                • #38
                  Is there anybody on the Board here who is going to the OT but has never been to a meet at Hayward Field before?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by gh
                    Is there anybody on the Board here who is going to the OT but has never been to a meet at Hayward Field before?
                    Moi.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by tafnut
                      Originally posted by gh
                      Is there anybody on the Board here who is going to the OT but has never been to a meet at Hayward Field before?
                      Moi.
                      Seriously???? Sort of like a Muslim not making it to Mecca.... :roll:

                      But being a Stanford honk, maybe that's not surprising... :wink:

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by gh
                        Is there anybody on the Board here who is going to the OT but has never been to a meet at Hayward Field before?
                        Yes, I've never been there, but will be at the OT's.
                        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by gh
                          Is there anybody on the Board here who is going to the OT but has never been to a meet at Hayward Field before?
                          We've never been to Oregon or OT's before.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            The 96 Atlanta OT was Nirvana to me, so you can guess what I'll be expecting at Hayward Field!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              From my point of view, the only potential problem with an OT at Hayward is what a letdown just about any other meet is for a long time.

                              (I'd like to say that's for purely track reasons, but being a native Pacific Northwester, that probably colors my take a little bit)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by gh
                                From my point of view, the only potential problem with an OT at Hayward is what a letdown just about any other meet is for a long time.

                                (I'd like to say that's for purely track reasons, but being a native Pacific Northwester, that probably colors my take a little bit)
                                We're hoping the big one in China will be our next one :wink:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X