Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excuses Athletes Make

Googler here are several articles that contradict parts of what you're saying. They specifically contradict the part about Ma not coaching the 6 "cut" athletes.

Sydney
    http://www.rediff.com/sports/2000/aug/28ma.htm
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/front/ ... 6/fro3.htm
    http://abcnews.go.com/sections/sports/D ... 00906.html
    http://www.sundayherald.com/17591

To add fuel to the argument that something was up (at least after 2000) here a piece on two of Ma's athletes getting suspended by the IAAF in 2001.

Edmonton
    http://sport.guardian.co.uk/athletics/s ... 09,00.html

Comment

I am willing to believe that Ma was correct when he ascribed the performance of his women to turtle soup. What he failed to mention was that the turtles were bench pressing 450 lbs at the time of their deaths.

Hey, did this thread not start out as a comic piece?

Comment

Did you actually read any of those articles? Only two of them said that the runners not taken to Sydney were Junren's athletes. The authors did not properly research the subject Obviosly you've conceeded all the other points.

Comment

>You really should do some research before you open your piehole. This from
          >pre-Sydney wire reports which are easily findable on google:

Researcher is just making his crap up . Lets leave it at that, this was a very funny yet sad article.

Comment

My favorite exuse by an "athlete" was in my high school when a freshman rookie at the mile stoped after 3 laps. When asked why he stopped a lap early, he replied, "Oh man, you mean its not over yet, I was getting pretty tired so I figured it had to be over."

I guess he couldn't count to 4, must teach that in Sophomore math.

Comment

Believe or not, one of the funniest things that I've ever witnessed on the European track circuit was 2 years ago at Lievin indoor meeting when Joseph Mutua was competing in the 800m and after two laps (four lap race) he took the lead and made an incredible surge. When he was just about to reach the line he motioned as though he had won. He stopped a moment beyond the would-be-finish-line and he was startled to hear the bell being rung. He looked around, with an expression of complete bewilderment and started sprinting again: this time with his eyes wide open and breathing like he was learning to swim for the first time.

I asked him what happened and he just said "I just lost count during the race. I'm not used to indoors." I responded, "Yeah, but then you should have started sprinting on the second lap, not the third." It doesn't have anything to do with excuses athletes make, but reading the last message it came to mind and thought it was worth sharing.

Comment

Suzy Hamilton miscounted laps in a 1500 (!) at Goodwill Games. How does something like that happen?

Comment

That is why Suzy doesn't often run races longer than a mile. Hard to count that high.

Comment

Is Suzie Favor-Hamilton the BLONDE runner?

Comment

No, Suzie is THE blonde runner.

Comment

Let's be honest folks. Blonde as in bottle blonde. If she didn'tuse fake colorings she would have light brown hair. It's all about the marketing as a sexy blonde. Look how much effort went into the calendars and all of that gunk. If she put half as much effort into authentic racing and intellectual development as an athlete she would have more to show on her shelves than the ncaa awards.

Comment

>Is Suzie Favor-Hamilton the BLONDE runner?

she'll always be just Suzie Favor in my book!

Comment

<If she put half as much effort into authentic racing and intellectual development as an athlete she would have more to show on her shelves than the ncaa awards.>

How absurd!!!
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

>That is why Suzy doesn't often run races longer than a mile. Hard to count
                              >that high.

The reason people run ultra events is because they suck at conventional events. This is why ultras will never be taken seriously by any international.

Comment

>>That is why Suzy doesn't often run races longer than a mile. Hard to
                                >count
                                >that high.

The reason people run ultra events is because they suck
                                >at conventional events. This is why ultras will never be taken seriously by any
                                >international.

And that relates to anything even remotely in this thread how? The nice thing about this, however, is that the Perdita posts by U of C now have no cred.

Comment

Working...
                                X