X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter Switching Coaches (Holloway) [oops]

Front-page article.
    http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/displa ... p?id=19144

In an Olympic year, nonetheless. What will his new coach bring to the table, and where do you see Carter come june? (Appears to have his distractions to the side -- those which saw him start off slowly in 2007).

oooo - aaaah. If Clement is still hanging around, they can only help each other into the Promised Land. I can't wait to see where the X plans on putting his marbles this year, 100/200 with 400 dabblings or 200/400 with 100 dabblings. Much as I want to see his 400 potential (scary), I'm selfishly hoping the 100/200, cuz I think he can challenge in both. If he gets his 100 to where I think it can be in 2008 (9.8x), the 200 would solidify in the 19.6x range, and I even think the 400 can go near 44-flat with just that work. Once he develops his 100 speed, then he could work on the 400 and seriously challenge JW, as a so-called 'speed' quarter-miler. Luckily I don't get a vote, and I'm sure he and Mouse will work this out 'satisfactorily'. Louise, aren't you EXCITED??!!

Comment

Hasn't Clement gone to Bobby Kersee along with Shawn Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by dakota
        Yes, but X will have Derrick Atkins, Steve Mullings, & Ricky Harris to train with.

Comment

Would this be the same Steve Mullings who was serving a drug suspension?

Originally posted by nrh
          Originally posted by dakota
          Yes, but X will have Derrick Atkins, Steve Mullings, & Ricky Harris to train with.

Comment

As long as he's in Baton Rouge, there's always a good chance that he'll get distracted by his football friends. The spring and summer are the off-season for those guys, and he just can't risk those kinds of distractions in an Olympic year. It's probably a good move on his part.

Comment

Speaking of Baton Rouge and his "football friends," has there ever been any disposition of that run-in with the police?

http://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/ ... 4044.shtml

Comment

Restitution was made & charges were dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by nrh
                  Restitution was made & charges were dropped.
                  whew! X needed that behind him and we all hope that 'lesson learned'.

Comment

If he can stay healthy and he is truly committed (as it appears) he will be a genuine gold medal contender in both the 100 & 200. We have only seen the tip of the iceberg of his talent.

Comment

good - now mom and dad are closer - after all, they are the ones that got him as far as lsu...........
                      hey taffy - we can meet and watch a training session - i went to palm bay hs track one day to watch a workout but he was in pool (with a minor injury)

Comment

Guess who just had another run-in? (although he may be an innocent bystander on this one)

See front page.

Comment

Strange way to prove one:s innocence:

When police approached the men, Xavier Carter, who was walking with them, began running away and continued despite police requests to stop.

Comment

I am being forced by circumstances to believe that X is not the sharpest knife in the drawer . . .

Comment

Someone needs to get through to X-man that you are who you run with. It may not be fair, but it's reality. NFL football players Jamal Lewis and Ray Lewis found this out the hard way. Both were innocent bystanders who were running with the wrong crowd. Jamal spent 4 months in federal prison and Ray almost went to prison for murder.

Comment

Working...
                              X