Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Look Now, But Track Has Started!!

First weekend of NCAA action. Trackshark's 'coverage' page is my go-to place every Sunday to see what happened.

http://www.trackshark.com/coverage/2008/dec1.php

Really? No love for

Brittney Reese's 6-01.25, 21-02.25 double
    Travis Padgett's 6.62
    or
    McDougal's 13:45.16

:?:

All pretty good for early December!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
      Really? No love for Brittney Reese's 6-01.25, 21-02.25 double
      Maybe. If I could understand what those funny numbers mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
        OK - she HJed 2.06 and LJed 7.32 !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
          Ahh, not ultra marathon. Thanks for the conversions.

Comment

Sorry, Pat. Indoors doesn't count :shock: Track season starts in February, as dog intended

Comment

Originally posted by mike renfro
              Indoors doesn't count
              Tell that to
              Herb Washington
              Martin McGrady
              Eamonn Coghlan (as a miler)
              Gerry Lindgren (as a prep)
              Billy Olson (as a WR-holder)
              Al Feuerbach & Brian Oldfield

Comment

We saw a 4:49.99 2000m last year that was a worthy addition, and Geb's 1500/mile PR was his huge 3:31i, huge because it tells us that the bottom of his range was not the 3000 (where he failed on multiple occasions to get close to 7:20) or the 5000m where he was WR.

By the way, tafnut, have not seen anything about the big game (lots of them on Saturday; I did see that Oregon State [where I taught a couple of years] be U of Zero and USC must have won to be talked about as potential top team -- but how could that be if they lost to Stanford?).

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                  By the way, tafnut, have not seen anything about the big game (lots of them on Saturday; I did see that Oregon State [where I taught a couple of years] be U of Zero and USC must have won to be talked about as potential top team -- but how could that be if they lost to Stanford?).
                  Thanks for asking - we BEAT those craven Yellow Bares!!! Any season we beat both USC and Da Bears is an AWESOME season, even if we go 2-9!!! USC easily beat FUCLA, and you are absolutely right, after we beat USC, they SHOULD have just folded up their tents and called it a (losing) season. We are merciful, however. We will still look at their resumes when they apply to come work for us, later down the line! (well, all the other SU graduates besides me, that go on to greater Glory, Fame and Corporate Ownership).

Comment

Indoor track may have begun, but it appears we can't quite get rid of college fball, can we?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                      Indoor track may have begun, but it appears we can't quite get rid of college fball, can we?
                      Why the frowny face? College football is a good diversion in the fall when NOTHING else of interest is going on! :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                        Why the frowny face? College football is a good diversion in the fall when NOTHING else of interest is going on! :twisted: :twisted:
                        This must be a left-over reaction from when Florida brought nothing to XC. However, Teams from Florida on the women's side had the only performances of (positive) note of the dozen or so teams touching the east coast.

Time to re-evaluate your perspective. (And what about the XC record of your alma mater, although it is about to undergo an almost devastating downdraft).

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                          Time to re-evaluate your perspective. (And what about the XC record of your alma mater, although it is about to undergo an almost devastating downdraft).
                          Indeed. I was overplaying my disinterest. I do follow 'my' teams and the NCAA meet, specifically. But now that indoor has started, I'm much happier!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                            2.06 isn't a good conversion from 6-1.25. Isn't that closer to 1.85?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
                              Originally posted by Jon
                              2.06 isn't a good conversion from 6-1.25. Isn't that closer to 1.85?
                              The LJ conversion is equally wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X