Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no one
    replied
    oh - another question - has she run a competitive 800 before - if so what result.

Leave a comment:

• no one
    replied
    I guess I'd ask a few (a lot) more questions -

what kind of competitive history does she have .... how old? (might not be a factor)
    I would think she could/should get those 800 repeats down quite a bit

But without much more info - with a 53 400 - she very well could go under 2:10 - or ??? lots of variables tho - training should evolve - very very hard to say off of one workout

the 53 is very impressive and maybe more telling - and the 3x800 seems a bit slow - like i said - training could/should take care of that. This would be a fun athlete/situation to coach.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Re: Distance experts

Originally posted by PZhelev
    Originally posted by Smoke
    3x800 with approx 5 minutes rest for a woman. The times were 2:33/2:34/2:35. Is this good? And what would you expect this lady to run in an open 800 come the spring
    Probably 2:15
    This would seem to be the lower limit without an overall improvement in level. I used to do 8 x 2:24 with not as much rest and I was good for a 2:06 or so, although I was not racing anything close to that short so it is not quite the same (e.g., 2:06 was in a workout with 2 x 880 with training shoes, not spikes).

Leave a comment:

• PZhelev
    replied
    Re: Distance experts

Originally posted by Smoke
    3x800 with approx 5 minutes rest for a woman. The times were 2:33/2:34/2:35. Is this good? And what would you expect this lady to run in an open 800 come the spring
    Probably 2:15

Leave a comment:

• Smoke
    replied
    no mile time.
    53 second 400

Leave a comment:

• no one
    replied
    400 speed?
    mile time
    training how long and doing what?

Leave a comment:

• Smoke
    started a topic Distance experts

Distance experts

Working...
X