Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Win Streaks

Cool article home-page-linked (from IAAF) about this. Interesting tid-bit. Shaheen's Steeple streak is 24 now, going back to 2002, and he's only 25 years old (well, says the IAAF)!!!!!!!

Shared a shuttle with him on way in from Z├╝rich airport in '03... when he first got on, I wondered who the teenaged kid was.

Comment

24 races in 6 years isn't very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
        Undefeated in 24 Steeples with many at or under 8-flat is impressive no matter WHAT the time-frame.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
          Originally posted by Flumpy
          Undefeated in 24 Steeples with many at or under 8-flat is impressive no matter WHAT the time-frame.
          I wasn't suggesting that the win streak wasn't impressive, I'm just surprised that he's raced so infrequently.

Comment

His (non ex-) Kenyan buddies do seem to race a lot more frequently:

Paul Kipsiele Koech had 4 runs under 8.02 this year (and 3 in 2006) and races at least

Richard Kipkemboi Mateelong had 8 sub 8.16 runs in 2006 (and 3 this year)

Brimin Kiprop Kipruto, Reuben Kosgei etc are all more frequent racers.

It's not that clear that Shaheen will continue to beat these guys in the future... His streak may well be history...

Comment

Working...
            X