Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Man arrested again [again again]

Not sure if anyone else heard that Xavier Carter was arrested this morning in Gainesville for running from police officers.

Also covered here.
    https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

Actually this happened around 3am in gainesville will try to get the link it was all over the gainesville news today
      www.gatorsports.com/article/20071205/NEWS/71205018/1016

Comment

Would the legal dude post his opinion on the Carter charges? Doesn't seem that there's much of a case.

He could learn to keep better company, though.

Comment

this is a real shame. It seems he is getting caught up with the wrong crowd.

Unfortunately, I was glad to see this as opposed to some positive test, even as bad as that sounds.

I guess that's just the state of our sport.

Comment

Originally posted by jney
            Unfortunately, I was glad to see this as opposed to some positive test, even as bad as that sounds.
            Doesn't sound bad at all to me... as this legal snafu has nothing to do with his capacity to run fast and compete in the spirit of fairplay, while the latter would represent yet another incident of the sport being shown up as corrupted by cheats...

Comment

Carter must not be in shape. He can't even outrun a police cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
                Would the legal dude post his opinion on the Carter charges? Doesn't seem that there's much of a case.

Resisting without violence is nothing for anyone to lose any sleep over. The fact he was released on his own recognizance tells you how small a deal it is.

Assuming he's eligible, likely he'll be put on diversion (possibly even unsupervised) pay a fine, maybe go to an anger management class and that'll be the end of it.

And yes, he needs to learn to keep better company.

Comment

Originally posted by Zat0pek
                  And if he doesn't wise up soon, I'm siccing Louise T on him. I wouldn't think he'd want to risk THAT happening! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                    And if he doesn't wise up soon, I'm siccing Louise T on him. I wouldn't think he'd want to risk THAT happening! :shock:
                    that was my first thought - get in the car and drive to gainesville - we'll be at the villages for x-mas - may just do it then....

Comment

Originally posted by louise tricard
                      that was my first thought - get in the car and drive to gainesville - we'll be at the villages for x-mas - may just do it then....
                      I am not even kidding when I urge you to do just that!! You gots the cred to pull it off!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                        I'm sure he's already getting an ear full from his parents.

Comment

Resisting without violence is nothing for anyone to lose any sleep over. The fact he was released on his own recognizance tells you how small a deal it is.

Assuming he's eligible, likely he'll be put on diversion (possibly even unsupervised) pay a fine, maybe go to an anger management class and that'll be the end of it.

I was counting on you stepping in. Forget the possibility of conviction/diversion (I believe diversion would be off the table, considering his woes in Louisiana). How can someone be charged for "resisting without violence" by merely running at the sight of flashing lights? I would think this could be dismissed in a preliminary hearing with only a slight lecture from the judge.

Comment

I was counting on you stepping in. Forget the possibility of conviction/diversion (I believe diversion would be off the table, considering his woes in Louisiana). How can someone be charged for "resisting without violence" by merely running at the sight of flashing lights? I would think this could be dismissed in a preliminary hearing with only a slight lecture from the judge.
                            The reason I'm not jumping on the "this will be dismissed at first appearance" wagon is because all we have are these press reports, which may or may not have anything to do with what actually happened.

Diversion eligibility is a funny thing sometimes, especially when the prior issues are in another jurisdiction.

Comment

The 'crime' so to speak amounts to nothing, and is nothing to worry about.
                              However, the X-man seems to have a habit of running with the wrong crowd.
                              But even more important, what is he doing out at 3am on tuesday night?!!!
                              It's an Olympic year, shouldn't he be in bed? Shouldn't he be completely focused on the Olympics? Shouldn't he be sleeping after a nice healthy dinner, which followed a day of training?
                              He has a lot of physical talent, but he needs some maturity and focus if he really wants to make it.

Comment

Working...
                              X