Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicola Sanders BOA AOY

I assumed this had been posted already this week but couldn't find it at a quick glance...
    Nicola Sanders was named British Olympic Association's AOY.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/7128419.stm

This is a very interesting choice from the BOA.
    "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

I assume they wanted to make a statement re Ohuruogu. Otherwise, they wouldn't give the award to someone who lost to another British athlete in the most important competition of the year.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
      I assume they wanted to make a statement re Ohuruogu. Otherwise, they wouldn't give the award to someone who lost to another British athlete in the most important competition of the year.
      Exactly. One the one hand they clear Ohuruogu, but on the other they don't want to be seen to be rewarding her either.

I'd be interested to read how many tests Sanders has had this year and whether she has missed any, out of curiosity.
      "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Comment

Working...
      X