Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on the point earlier about Mansell, Hill, Davis etc winning, I love that line in Absolutely Fabulous where Dawn French plays the Lorraine Kelly GMTV style interviewer...

Dawn: And next up, we have the "Sports Personality Of The Year" on the sofa
    Patsy: (off camera) Contradiction in terms...

:lol:

Comment

But Christine Ohuruogu was voted amongst the top 50 annoying Brits of 2007 (so was Jonathan Edwards). Apparently, she was deemed more annoying than the talentless LOSERS from Big Brother, some weirdo who was crying about the demise of Britney Spears and Kate Moss :roll:
      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

http://www.sportinglife.com/fanzine/sto ... 13557.html

Comment

Originally posted by Stu
          That didn't stop David Beckham winning it...
          Talking football with my father last night:

Me. "Why Capello would want to be the England manager is beyond me. If I was him I'd pretend I couldn't understand a word of English when he meets with the press, he said he's going to learn it in one month".

Dad. "That means he'll be able to speak it better than Beckham, Terry, Rooney and the rest of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
            Originally posted by Stu
            That didn't stop David Beckham winning it...
            Talking football with my father last night:

Me. "Why Capello would want to be the England manager is beyond me. If I was him I'd pretend I couldn't understand a word of English when he meets with the press, he said he's going to learn it in one month".

Dad. "That means he'll be able to speak it better than Beckham, Terry, Rooney and the rest of them..."
            Your dad probably thinks they sound like divs, and i'd be inclined to agree.

Comment

If Hamilton had of won, then I think the whole program would have been devalued - and should have been scrapped! . How could such a big time loser win over such a big-time winner as Joe Calzaghe. Joe is openly being described as the best British boxer ever! If a British athlete should gain a silver medal ( i.e. second place) at the 2008 Olympics they would never be in the frame as a possible candidate for next year's Sports Personality Award.

Comment

Working...
              X