Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The TAFNIES!

I think he's trying to ge Garry Two R's to resign from his own board.
    >That aught to be one heck of a farewell speech?

He'd be back though just like he quietly reappeared on darkwing after the PC crowd drove him out over the stripper? thread. Looked for the the disappearance and reappearance once before but can't seem to find it. I know I have it somewhere.

Pretty sure jsquire is here somewhere, Michael E. Lewis is for sure and Rob has likely got a new handle. There have been a few others.

Comment

>oh malmo - you followed him (gh) over here! I think I detect a little crush
      >there :-)
      [I know how much you like that little smiley face)

OK, I admit it! I HATE GRATUITOUS SMILEY EMOTICONS!

Are you satified now?

Comment

Best View from the Inside: Savante Stringfellow (Sony). His posts both preceding and following his injury this season have added insight that few of us have been able to get otherwise.

Comment

"Are you satified now?"

ahhhhhhhhhh!

:-)
          ;-)
          :-o
          :-P

OK, now I am getting a little nauseous myself.

Comment

I offer myself as a challenger in the lack-of-a-life category. I even have objective testimony to back up my claim: Before the NCAAs, y’all may remember me asking for people to come say hi to me here in Austin. One of our board regulars/lurkers came up to me and introduced himself by his given name, which didn’t ring a bell with me. I asked, "Is there a handle by which I would know you?" And he said, "Naw, I’m not like Trackstar and all those guys with no lives." I mock indignantly replied, "HEY, I’M TRACKSTAR!"

He may have just been joshing me, but he looked sincerely embarrassed. It was pretty funny.

Okay, now I have to get back to pretending to work …
            "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

you gotta love it ! take his remark as the ultimate compliment !

Comment

>I think he's trying to ge Garry Two R's to resign from his own board.
                >That
                >aught to be one heck of a farewell speech?

He'd be back though just like he
                >quietly reappeared on darkwing after the PC crowd drove him out over the
                >stripper? thread. Looked for the the disappearance and reappearance once before
                >but can't seem to find it. I know I have it somewhere.

Wait a minute. You say that one of Garry Hills resignations was over the stripper thread? Well that doesn't count, dammit. He's only got one resignation, then!

Just when you thought Garry Two R's was a regular Hells Angel you find out he's just a frat boy.

One resignation, and we're reviewing the freakin tape!

Comment

Wait a minute. You say that one of Garry Hills resignations was
                  >over the stripper thread? Well that doesn't count, dammit. He's only got one
                  >resignation, then!

Just when you thought Garry Two R's was a regular Hells
                  >Angel you fight out he's just a frat boy.

One resignation, and we're
                  >reviewing the freakin tape!

I think the first one must have been before my time:

"As one who resigned (rather noisily as I recall) from the Darkwing board not once, but twice (and each time returned, hoping nobody would notice), I know how frustrating it can be to get attacked on a personal level by nameless/faceless "enemies" lurking somewhere out there in the ether.

But I figure resigning only means that they win. Stay the course!"

http://trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/discus ... sage=48821

Comment

I may have resigned three times (I guess I figure signing up for Darkwing was sorta like getting married). Only one do I have any particular recall for (resignations, not wives, of which I've actually only had a couple.)

The resignation over the stripper incident was when somebody posted an URL to the Fullerton XC woman (Leilani Rios?) who was making money as an exotic dancer and got kicked off the team. I made some note of "encouragement" to the original poster. At any rate, some extreme conservative got to exorcised about the depths of depravity to which the board was sinking that he went direct to somebody at host Oregon (like the provost) and raised such a stink that the university threatened to kick the whole board off its server.

I was (momentarily) so stressed about the stiuation that I decided that I didn't want to be any part of a board which featured such small minds.

Comment

All this stuff went on while I was on digest so it's hard to find stuff but the stripper thread was in March/01 so I assume that gh got off then. Here is where he got back on-about 3 months later:

"Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 00:03:17 EDT
                      Subject: Re: t-and-f: Wilt (was Allen Iverson- 400 meter runner?

In a message dated Sat, 9 Jun 2001 10:20:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Michael Contopoulos"
                      <[email protected]> writes:

<< Wilt Chamberlain, at 7' 1" 275 pounds ran 47's in the 400, won the big 8
                      meet with a 6' 6.5" high jump and threw the shot over 60'. >>

I swore i was just going to lurk, but I can't let silliness like this pass into the general
                      consciousness. I don't mean to pick on the poster, mtconto, who has merely became the latest
                      victim of Wilt's incredible proclivity for bullsh..."

Comment

>resignation over the stripper incident was when somebody posted an URL to the
                        >Fullerton XC woman (Leilani Rios?) who was making money as an exotic dancer and
                        >got kicked off the team. I made some note of "encouragement" to the original
                        >poster. At any rate, some extreme conservative got to exorcised about the
                        >depths of depravity to which the board was sinking that he went direct to
                        >somebody at host Oregon (like the provost) and raised such a stink that the
                        >university threatened to kick the whole board off its server.

Garry, hate to burst another lame stereotype, but it's the left-wing nutcase college faculty types who go apoplectic over men who choose to admire the aesthetics and concinnity of the naked female form while drinking beer and listening to a montage of metal music and crude rap lyrics. What about MY sexual orientation? What ever happened to honoring MY diversity?

Comment

malmo gets the "single tear" award...

Comment

"What about MY sexual orientation?"

Oh, I REALLY don't think we want to go THERE. Even gh would have to shut this thing down then.

(GSFI)

Comment

Working...
                            X