Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&FN Top 10s released

Those who subscribe to the eNewsletter should by how have received a précis of the Top 10 Rankers in every event this year.

Will also be posted to the front page later today (but the membership gets an advance peek).

Looking at the 800, I burst into laughter to see that my and AI's #1 guy, Reed, you have 9th!!!! :lol:

I also see I was only off by one place with JennS, but to the wrong side! :evil:

Comment

Wow - the first thing I noticed was that there is only one U.S. woman ranked in any of the field events. Just two U.S. men in the 100. Guess things aren't as rosy with Team USA as the national office would like to us to believe.

Comment

Life's hard when you're a 19.69 200 guy and can get only 6th in your own country's rankings!

Comment

I can't believe that Walter Dix is not in the top 10 in the 100!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrome Dome
            He's just another 9.93 BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Highland
              Wow - the first thing I noticed was that there is only one U.S. woman ranked in any of the field events. Just two U.S. men in the 100. Guess things aren't as rosy with Team USA as the national office would like to us to believe.
              The magazine itself addresses this point in the introduction to the Rankings. It's not really that pretty a picture.

U.S. women scored more points than anybody but Russia, but 82% of the points came in the 100/200/400/100H.

Men's field doesn't look that great either. 37% of the U.S. points came in the shot.

It's not a terribly well balanced program.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                There IS a program??!! I never knew that! :shock:

Comment

And things will get worse now that it's mandatory to be a "charm school" graduate under such draconian rules.(

Comment

Top 10s now posted to front page

Comment

I much prefer your men's marathon rankings, compared to AI, who had a bizarre order of 1. Geb, 2. Lel, 3. Kibet, 4. Shami, 5. Rothlin, 6. Goumri :? 7. Kirui, 8. Gharib, 9. Mutai, 10. Chelanga
                      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

T&FN Top 10

gh wrote:

"It's not a terribly well balanced program."

Although this is true whose program is balanced?

Look at Russia:

49 total rankers

14 men ( 1 @ 800, 4 walkers & 9 field eventers)

35 women (11 runners, 2 walkers & 22 field eventers)

Africans excel @ distances & Europeans excel @ field events.

US results @ WCh were best ever in 2007. I have every T&FN since 1954. All of the leading nations have been unbalanced for the past 50 - 60 years.
                        none

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          Originally posted by Highland
                          The magazine itself addresses this point in the introduction to the Rankings. It's not really that pretty a picture.

U.S. women scored more points than anybody but Russia, but 82% of the points came in the 100/200/400/100H.

And then you have Hannah Carson.
                          There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by Chrome Dome
                            What about Trindon Holliday? The fact that neither of them is in the top ten is a travesty. And Martina is #5 despite losing to Dix and Holliday in their only head-to-head competition, not to mention his inferior marks on the 2007 performance list. How does Ndure get ahead of Dix and Holliday? Spearmon doesn't even belong on the list. Do the voters think the NCAA uses hand timing? Does a person's entire body of work count for anything? Is there any way for an American collegiate sprinter to get noticed without crossing the pond? Doesn't Dix and Holliday's willingness to go to Indy and run with the big boys count for anything? :evil:

Comment

T&FN Top 10

Chrome Dome wrote:

"I can't believe that Walter Dix is not in the top 10 in the 100."

Although I look forward to Dix's running OG & WCh in 2008 & 2009, etc., I think that he ran as well @ 100 as he did @ 200 in 2007. I'm a Spearmon fan, but his 100 season was weak:
                              Rethymno 7/18 3rd Lost to BOLT & DIXON
                              Madrid 7/21 3rd Lost to Obikwelu & ROSS
                              Monaco 7/25 2nd Lost to CAMPBELL
                              Rieti 9/9 6th Lost to Powell, Frater, Saidy, COLLIO & COLLINS

Caps indicate unranked sprinters. He lost to 6 of them. Dix lost to HOLLIDAY & Gay @ USAT&F. I'm unaware of other losses
                              none

Comment

Working...
                              X