Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred came up with his best in the big one.

Comment

i was going by the article above, that's where it says he's 6'6, but it's probably wrong... can't believe everything you read, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
        i didn't realize his father was so much taller (6'6). that's a giant 400 m runner.

Started out as a basketball player.

Still would have liked to have seen that Montreal 800m. not run in lanes the first 400m. As it was, Juanto had only @20m. (just past 400m.; Singh went by) when not in front with a clear lane. No traffic-induced pace changing taxing the energy systems. If run the conventional way, I would bet on Van Damme having taken it.

If, if, if.

Comment

I was among the hordes in the stands for that race. Pretty jaw-dropping, to say the least. Van Damme looked great, without question, but nobody was going to beat El Caballo that day.

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
            I was among the hordes in the stands for that race. Pretty jaw-dropping, to say the least. Van Damme looked great, without question, but nobody was going to beat El Caballo that day.
            A certain Mr. Boit may disagree with you !

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
              Originally posted by kuha
              A certain Mr. Boit may disagree with you !
              Mr. Boit had his chances in '77.

Comment

wanted it younger, fitter

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                  i didn't realize his father was so much taller (6'6). that's a giant 400 m runner.
                  He was (and is) not at all that tall. T&FN listed him at the time as 6'2".
                  Interesting: the first year he was in the Rankings we had him as 6-3 1/4.... he was subsequently listed as 6-2. If I'd been forced to guess (having spent an hour with him in his hotel room in '79 and having been next to him countless times in the years since) I would have said 6-3 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    Originally posted by tandfman
                    He was (and is) not at all that tall. T&FN listed him at the time as 6'2".
                    Interesting: the first year he was in the Rankings we had him as 6-3 1/4.... he was subsequently listed as 6-2. If I'd been forced to guess (having spent an hour with him in his hotel room in '79 and having been next to him countless times in the years since) I would have said 6-3 at least.
                    I have been wondering about that too, especially since Tom Courtney also was listed as 6-2. On the other hand was Juanto taller than Van Damme?

Comment

Working...
                    X