Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cacique
    hey, many thanks for the info. i was somewhat curious about why these tables are calculated via fraction of the world record, as opposed to a pure total combined distance in meters. ....
    In any combo thing, doing by total of the distance (or time, as the case may be) flaws the compilation from the get-go because it favors those in the longer events. A 1-meter improvement in the shot is earth-shattering, but means nothing in the discus.

Comment

How about multiplying them? I keep Throwing pentathlon records, and include "Product" Scoring in addition to the IAAF/WMA scores. In fact, I even do 1-on-1 percentage comparison scoring, just to make sure all 'deserving' pentathlons are listed. In 'product' scoring, you multiply the five metric marks (H x S x D x J x Wt), using decimal places that allow space on calculator display; then the final figure is the first 4 digits - i.e., men's age-44 record (16#,16#,2k,800g,35#) would be 52.24 x 16.15 x 46.78 x 52.16 x 17.82 = 3668 points. This works theoretically, but probably isn't a fair scoring method, as it seems to favor certain events.

Comment

Working...
      X