1 Polyakova 7.22 (7.25 in heat)
    2 Khabarova 7.32 (42 in March!)
    1 Konovalova 5:40.26
    2 Zadorozhnaya 5:40.95
    HJ
    1 Savchenko 1.92
    2 Shamsutdinova 1.92
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Thats good to see that they are both healthy. As long as they can carry it into the Olympics, I'll be happy.
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Dang. Those are big January marks!

Comment

Originally posted by BCBaroo
        Oh you pathetic Marks Snob! The only important question is - how was the COMPETITION?! :roll:

Comment

Other notable performances from that competition include:
          2:20.49 from Borzakovskiy in the 1000m
          61.28 from Maksim Dyldin to go fifth all-time in the rarely-run 500m
          69.52 from Olesya Forsheva (nee Krasnomovets) in the 500m (her WR is 66.31).

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
            I refuse to acknowledge any mark from him until such time as he can demonstrate a commitment to ME, his fan, that he is willing to stay close to the leaders through 600. I'm tired of playing the 'is he too late again?' game! :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
              Originally posted by BCBaroo
              Oh you pathetic Marks Snob! The only important question is - how was the COMPETITION?! :roll:
              I've met Marks Snob, he's a nice enough guy, but a pain in the neck at dinner parties...won't shut up about "This one time, in Canada..." he did this or that... What a bore.

Comment

I refuse to acknowledge any mark from him until such time as he can demonstrate a commitment to ME, his fan, that he is willing to stay close to the leaders through 600. I'm tired of playing the 'is he too late again?' game! :evil:
                I'm sure he's very upset about that.

Comment

I:m sure he:s happier he won. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                    Someone please forward this to Borza so he can adjust his training to satisfy tafnut...he can plan his new schedule while polishing his Olympic Gold Medal...

2.34 times two are great marks for January (who cares about competition? Not a factor in HJ-ing in January; the only thing that matters is how high they're jumping)

Comment

I just hope the Russians don:t fall off the face of the earth come august. Rybakov won:t fall by the wayside, but I:m unsure the others will hold up.

Nonetheless, echoing marknhj, great jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                        2.34 times two are great marks for January (who cares about competition? Not a factor in HJ-ing in January; the only thing that matters is how high they're jumping)
                        Oh no, no, no! I USED to think that way, but back when I was a Marks Snob, I was roundly booed by the 'competionists' who convinced me that the LEVEL of performance was immaterial, as long as the field was 'competitive'! So now I'm thrilled by international meets that have a jump-off at 2.19, cuz it was just so darned competitive! HOW HIGH they jumped is irrelevant!!!

Comment

Yuriy Krymarenko. :lol:
                          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                            Oh no, no, no! I USED to think that way, but back when I was a Marks Snob, I was roundly booed by the 'competionists' who convinced me that the LEVEL of performance was immaterial, as long as the field was 'competitive'! So now I'm thrilled by international meets that have a jump-off at 2.19, cuz it was just so darned competitive! HOW HIGH they jumped is irrelevant!!!
                            Two of the most exciting men's high jump events I can recall in recent years were those at the 2005 World Championships in Helsinki and the 2007 USATF Championships in Indy. In neither was the winning height as high as 2.34.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                              Two of the most exciting men's high jump events I can recall in recent years were those at the 2005 World Championships in Helsinki and the 2007 USATF Championships in Indy. In neither was the winning height as high as 2.34.
                              NOW think of how many were exciting because outstanding marks were achieved. I agree that the 1972 OG 800 final was the BEST I've ever seen, despite NOT being a great time, but those experiences are few and far between compared to the competitions where there was a rash of OUTSTANDING marks, regardless of the 'suspense' of who was going to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X