Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geb to compete in U.S.

Fantastic! Can't wait to see it on TV. If you're near the Boston area, check it out. Not many chances to see Geb compete in person.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... jsp?id=131

Re: Geb to compete in U.S.

Anyone know what event he will run? 3K? 5K?

Comment

The Golden Spike Tour is turning into a winner.

Comment

>Anyone know what event he will run? 3K? 5K?<

And does anyone know if he is going to run the Marathon in the Athens Olympics?

Comment

VINCE, are you crazy? Since when the signing of Geb means the GST is turning into a winner? We have the Millrose(always been here), Arkansas,Boston(thanks adidas) 3 meets and to you we have a winner?
          USATF has gotten you fooled.We need the USATF to provide more meets not jump on what is already ongoing. Then we the spectators can rejoice.

Comment

Look at the boston games website-they only list a 1500 or 3000 for men. He will run the wanamaker mile at millrose as well.

Comment

Already bought my tickets!

It is a 3000 and Jason Lunn may also run the 3000.

Comment

Geb's NOT doing the marathon in Athens. Definitely the 10,000. Don't know about a 5/10 double, but I'd doubt it.

Comment

Here's what I think you should look for from Ethiopia (seeing as how they love to dominate):

Men
                  5000: Bekele's only race, goes for gold ahead of el Guerrouj
                  10000: Gebrselassie takes 3rd gold, Sihine silver (as Kemboi is out).
                  Marathon: A healthy Abera outsprints the workhorse Tergat for a 5th Ethiopian Mens' Marathon gold.

Women
                  5000: Dibaba
                  10000: Adere
                  Marathon: Ethiopia might get shut out of this, but Elfnesh might sneak in for a bronze

and then on towards 2008 where they plan Gebrselassie to continue Ethiopia's legacy in the Olympic marathon and Bekele to double up gold in the 5 and 10.

Comment

> He will
                    >run the wanamaker mile at millrose as well.

The latest is that he WON'T be running at Millrose.

Comment

>Geb's NOT doing the marathon in Athens. Definitely the 10,000. Don't know about
                      >a 5/10 double, but I'd doubt it.

Don't be surprised if Geb jumps in the marathon (assuming he's not in the 5K, which is a good assumption) a la Viren and Zatopek, whose main competitions were other events. The marathon comes long after the 10,000, enough time to rest and run -- Since for the first time he may not win the gold in the 10,000, my guess is that he'll be hungry to go in the marathon --

Comment

Working...
                      X