Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite athlete trivia question

what links these people this year?

Men: 100—Maurice Greene, Terrence Trammell; 200—John Capel, Bernard Williams; 400—Derrick Brew, Otis Harris; 5000—Bernard Lagat; 20W—Curt Clausen; HJ—Matt Hemingway; LJ—Savanté Stringfellow.

Women: 100—Gail Devers; 100H—Devers, Melissa Morrison; 400H—Lashinda Demus; HJ—Chaunte Howard.

I should probably know the answer to this and it looks really obvious, but I don't know what it is.

When you ask: "what links these people this year", I figure it has something to do with the Olympics. Or seeing as people like Hemingway, Devers and Clausen are on the list, maybe it's something to do with retirement. But then Demus and Howard are mentioned and I hope that they aren't retiring!

I'm stumped by Trammell linked to Greene in the 100m too. :? :?: :!:

May we have a clue or two?

Comment

A hint :-) : if it were really obvious it wouldn't be worth using as trivia!

Comment

Dang!

Is it something along the lines of events those athletes will be targeting this year (perhaps at Oly Trials?), despite competing in them sparingly (or not at all in the cases of most of them) over the past 12 months?

The only other thing that links them all (apart from Trammell in the 100m) is that they have all won global medals in their events.

But if it's something really US-centric (like related to colleges or something) then count me out now and I'll stop wasting my time ops:

Comment

They are all new parents......... (I think!)

Comment

It's U.S.-centric

Comment

They've all been U.S. champs?

Comment

question isn't about the past, it's about this year.

Comment

I'm gonna guess they all have auto Q's for the Trials under 10.3.b.i

Comment

cheater

Comment

Haha! You don't believe I'm just an average joe who keeps that kind of arcane trivia in the back of his addled brain?

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                        under 10.3.b.i
                        Oh yeah, that would've been MY first guess :roll: , but then gh would still have called me a cheater!

Comment

you're unaware of gm's role in the process

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                            you're unaware of gm's role in the process
                            I bet I'm not. gm and I actually go way back. He was GM to me in another capacity way before this board arrived, and I know his current role.

Comment

Re: Elite athlete trivia question

Originally posted by gh
                              what links these people this year?

Men: 100—Maurice Greene, Terrence Trammell; 200—John Capel, Bernard Williams; 400—Derrick Brew, Otis Harris; 5000—Bernard Lagat; 20W—Curt Clausen; HJ—Matt Hemingway; LJ—Savanté Stringfellow.

Women: 100—Gail Devers; 100H—Devers, Melissa Morrison; 400H—Lashinda Demus; HJ—Chaunte Howard.
                              So how many of these will make the team (in that event)?

Comment

Working...
                              X