Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Time for the Boomers to move over!

All you 50+ people , your time has come and gone. The new generation athlete does not like or agree with your values. You have taken Athletics( Track and Field) in North America , and removed it from the sports pages across the country. Congrats to Runners World Magazine , the house cleaning was long overdue. The Markets will dictate that others follow . Read this ... than weep.

http://www.superathletics.co.za/article ... ernational

Re: Its Time for the Boomers to move over!

>All you 50+ people , your time has come and gone. The new generation athlete
    >does not like or agree with your values.

The 50 plus people that you think frequent this site have already weighed in on this cheat:

http://trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/discus ... hread=2961

Just keep talking U of C. It's amusing.

Comment

Oh well... since I am over 50 I guess I had better triple up on steroids and make a competitive comeback. Actually, I'd be more likely to take some sort of action if I could figure out what it is that U of C is talking about... does U of C stand for University of something beginning with C? If so, maybe you should take a communications class to help make your ideas comprehensible. "Read this... than (sic) weep", indeed!

Comment

What idiocy--and grammatically challenged idiocy, at that. I can't wait for U of C's generation to bring justice, enlightenment, and peace, love, and understanding to the cosmos. We Neanderthals have obviously botched the job.

Comment

UofC - before you make generalizations about the 'older generation', please know that we (boomers) don't all think you are a bunch of pierced, tattooed, pot-smoking spoiled brat slackers as the media is wont to portray you. We know that you are all very different individuals. I thought your generation would be enlightened enough not to buy into such silliness.

Comment

Just like the Swedish jerk a couple of weeks ago. U of C is not worthy debate. It's a waste of time.
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Maybe someone spiked HERR KLIESH 'S Geritol!

Comment

does U
                >of C stand for University of something beginning with C? If so, maybe you
                >should take a communications class to help make your ideas comprehensible.

Sad to say, I'm embarrassed to admit that it would appear that he is U of Calgary. I
                thought that his particularly insightful comments about Perdita seemed to point to
                Chicago. That would appear not to be the case however. I assume that the board is
                open minded enough not to broadly paint an entire country like this poor misguided soul
                has done to an entire generation.

Comment

This is the generation gap. This is why you are still confused. Our track club is here and laughing at the sickness of some of the adults. You have a handleful of obsesive compulsive types , that start to lose arguments , then respond with a IDing a persons spelling mistakes. What kind of empty low life has the time to take a track discussion into a spelling bee/grammer coarse? Does your generation think it makes you MORE intellegent , thus your point about "SFH being stupid because she is Blond" MORE vadid. We don't get that at all...

next discussions of the Nationals like Webb, SFH, Jennings et. All start as support , then they end up as name calling..

ie: Web vs Jenning Thread:
                  If you can't run at
                  >LEAST 1:45 (clean) you cannot make it to the top
                  >tier of 1500/mile running.
                  I'll let Bernard Lagat know. >

We don't get this at all, why does the Boomer Generation think its funny and entertaining, I guess it is the reason young people don't buy T&F News.
                  I think it is sad , and its a commentary of what is considered allowable on this site.

Read the Merry X-Mas thread, it is predictable that someone would bring "and atheists don't have
                  >religious ones, a generic OOOOOM." comment in .

We are shaking our heads , what the hell went wrong with the Boomer Generation to be this negative.

Comment

I think it's funny that you think you can peg peoples ages on the Internet. Did you know gullible isn't in the dictionary?

Comment

>does U
                      >of C stand for University of something beginning with C? If so, maybe
                      >you
                      >should take a communications class to help make your ideas
                      >comprehensible.

Sad to say, I'm embarrassed to admit that it would appear
                      >that he is U of Calgary. I
                      thought that his particularly insightful comments
                      >about Perdita seemed to point to
                      Chicago. That would appear not to be the
                      >case however. I assume that the board is
                      open minded enough not to broadly
                      >paint an entire country like this poor misguided soul
                      has done to an entire
                      >generation.

MJD , this is exactly my point that you don't understand. Young people won't believe that an entire country has my point of view. We know of your exploits in Southern Ontario, the best thing you can do for our sport is stay at home and bang away at your computer. No need for me to bring up your past failures with Canadain track, I'm not that mean as some people here are. If you need to pretend to be some kind of Canadian authority , then OK , but if you keep calling me misguided , I may bring your past to the table.

Comment

Enough already. Go shovel some snow.

Comment

Funny thing is, U of C, I agree with what you say about the comments made about SFH and I certainly agree with you about the Webb bashers(and Gabe I guess). And I'm cetainly with you about Pre-a brilliant career cut short with a bottle. As far as Perdita goes, never met her. All I see is what is in the funny papers. I hope it was out of character because we sure could use a good spokesman up here. Have you heard of any other incidents? If I saw what you saw, I would react exactly the same way as you did. All I'm saying is that you'll find people making those ridiculous comments on dyestat, letsrun, TFN and I guess whatever forum that even older types frequent. It's not limited to one particular age group. That's all.

Comment

"We are shaking our heads , what the hell went wrong with the Boomer Generation to be this negative." Hard to say, U of C. Maybe it is because we insist on making everything a "grammer" course. Silly us, old fogeys, aren't we the dumbest!

Comment

>UofC - before you make generalizations about the 'older generation', please
                              >know that we (boomers) don't all think you are a bunch of pierced, tattooed,
                              >pot-smoking spoiled brat slackers as the media is wont to portray you. We know
                              >that you are all very different individuals. I thought your generation would be
                              >enlightened enough not to buy into such silliness.

although i do see the problem in spoiled brat slackers from my generation, i do not see the problem with tattooed or pierced people.

Comment

Working...
                              X