Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Its Time for the Boomers to move over!

It's not a problem - just pointing out that not all gen-x, y, or z are all the same. UofC seems to think that all boomers think alike. Looking at the huge disparities in my generation's perspectives, I would have thought he knew better.

Comment

>UofC - before you make generalizations about the 'older generation', please
      >know that we (boomers) don't all think you are a bunch of pierced, tattooed,
      >pot-smoking spoiled brat slackers as the media is wont to portray you. We know
      >that you are all very different individuals. I thought your generation would be
      >enlightened enough not to buy into such silliness.

TnFnut , you are a prime example of what U of C is talking about. You are so narrow minded you need 3 or 4 different log on names . Why? I think its so you can bad mouth the same topic 4 times like a 2 year old. You must be a lonely old man , I feel sorry for you.

Comment

"You are so narrow minded you need 3 or 4 different log on names. Why? I think its so you can bad mouth the same topic 4 times like a 2 year old. You must be a lonely old man , I feel sorry for you."

I am fascinated as to why my laziness or playfullness in signing in makes me narrow-minded. And whom am I bad-mouthing? As for being lonely - my wife, children, and baby grandson, keep me quite occupied [I usually post here when I'm doing my schoolwork - just finished grading exams - 2 weeks off now :-) ]

Thank you for feeling sorry for me; everyone likes a little sympathy every now and them. As for what specific sadness you feel foe me, I'm not really sure. Is it because I criticized UofC for lumping all people over 50 together as if we only had one mind? Is that what you believe as well (if you are indeed someone else beside UofC - which is fine, given my own predilection for amusing pseudonyms)? That's the only 'negative' thing I've said that I recall (of course, being as old as I am - 53 - makes me 80% senile, as are most of us geezers). If you could articulate my problem a little more clearly, I'd be glad to respond more coherently.

Thank you again for your attention. I'm flattered to be mentioned by name - well, by my name here. I have posted my real name several times before, with e-mail address, but of course you knew that.

Comment

I keep wondering how many more offensive words are thrown around before this totally useless thread is abandoned. BTW, I am old enough to call younger "baby boomers" sonny.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I dunno... seems as if U of C has established by accusation and as a role model that there are rudely opinionated, illiterate, negative track fans of all ages. What more is there to say? Let's acknowledge that we are all imperfect (I'll start... I am old and imperfect!) and move on to some other thread :-)

Comment

It's the Christmas season, can't we all just get along. I love the baby Boomers, the Gen Xers, of which I am one, and the Gen Y or Z or anyone else.

Having one generation only on this chat board would make it boring. We should all have the manners as to not be over ctitical of one another, especially when we are guilty ourselves of what we are complaining about.

As for my part, I apologize for my insensitive remarks about SFH intelligence (on another thread). One could easily say I showed a lack of intelligence in making the comments I did and then trying to justify them.

As a T&F fan I was just as happy to watch Alan Webb break Jim Ryans record as a youngster as I was to watch Carlos Lopez with the Olympic Marathon at a more advanced age. Each bring something important to the table just as each poster on the board from each generation bring something important.

God Bless and have a great holiday.

Comment

As a Boomer, I can understand U of C's frustration. There's a helluva lot of us, we've clogged up the advancement opportunities for youth, we're going to be terribly expensive to keep in our old age, we're terrible scolds, did all the drugs and orgies and now we lecture others not to, and is the world really a better place because of us? AIDS, deficits, bad international relations . . . Most of the Boomers I see are driving around in gas-guzzling SUVs -- though note that eco-consciousness is extremely high as well. The Boomers are deeply divided, always have been, Bush vs. (name that liberal). A young track athlete certainly has reason to believe that track and field has rarely sunk so low -- but looking only at T&F, are the drug cheats Boomers? Even Regina, old as she is, just barely qualifies as a Boomer (1964-65 being the cutoff birth year?). Maybe the blame for T&F's sunken fortunes are the generations after us . . .

Comment

. . . though I agree it all started with us! We set a fine example for the younger generation, and who can be surprised that what we started, they carried through to the logical conclusion that everyone is suspected of being on drugs --

Comment

You were around for the original Olypia. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT BEN HURR WAS LIKE? You should get off the computer and have a nap old timer.

Comment

I am not a day over 969!

Comment

"Just like the Swedish jerk a couple of weeks ago. U of C is not worthy debate. It's a waste of time."

Like the rest of Alberta. That should get him going.

Comment

>"Just like the Swedish jerk a couple of weeks ago. "

Another Dyestat Highschool Dropout.
                          Please present a complete sentence to this message board.

Comment

Intentional sentence fragments are perfectly acceptable. Join us in the 21st century.

Comment

Take it to "Lets Run" or "Dyestat" kiddies, Your making U of C look like a genious. Spending your Christmas determining how STUDID M. Lewis is , is not productive.

Comment

Much as it pains me to say it--as a purported defender of the English language--there's no rule that you need to pass grammar 101 or spelling 102 to post to this board. Criticism thereof is in poor taste. Please cease and desist.

gh/editor, T&FN

Comment

Working...
                                X