Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Its Time for the Boomers to move over!

GH hit the nail on the head! At least, you sure pegged this 59 year old avid fan....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>>U of C is unwise

Sorry to keep correcting you but subs are sold by
    >the
    >circulation department, not the sales department. I doubt "weather" or
    >not
    >you care, but I'd suggest you'd stick to the high level debates on
    >letsrun, the
    >masturbating threads for instance would probably be more your
    >thing.

marknhj, Maybe you could explain to this fine collection of humans
    >why Weldon Johnson banned you from LetRun. I must admit , all the 12 year
    >olds enjoyed your letsrun thread, " How many days can you go without taking a
    >shower?"
    You still have this site and Dyestat dude.

Apart from the fact that I've never heard of Weldon Johnson, this has to be pretty much your most pathetic post. I have not, of course, been banned from any site. Anyway, that's it from me U of C. Don't have any more time for peeing contests with morons like you.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

That makes me think of a new thread that would be appropriate now at the end of the year - so check it out.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

U of C

The one important thing I think you're missing is the key element that makes track & field so utterly-utterly wonderful. If you're hard-core about it (which just about everybody on this board must be), when something wonderful happens--be it your seeing it in person, reading about it, watching it on TV or participating in it--we all turn 12 again and age doesn't matter. The joy of the sport is the great leveler.

The one thing that the Boomers (and their predecessors on this board) have that the young-uns don't is that they still feel this way decades down the road. Will you still feel the same 5 years from now, let alone 10, 20 or 30? The sport's attrition rate is brutal and we welcome all those who wish to hang around.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

One last comment. U of C, about 40-50 years from now, give a thought to this thread and your bashing of a generation or two and ask yourself how well had your generation done! Let's see how many lofty goals had it achieved.

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis
    replied

Youth is wasted on the young. Sometimes brains are wasted on the unwise but I don't think that is anything you need to worry about.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>U of C is unwise

Sorry to keep correcting you but subs are sold by the
    >circulation department, not the sales department. "

"Subs" are sold at retail outlets like Mr. Submarine, or Subs are Us. Sorry to correct you old man, but get out of the house more often. The "circulation department" has more to do with the masturebation thread you are fixated on.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>U of C is unwise

Sorry to keep correcting you but subs are sold by the
    >circulation department, not the sales department. I doubt "weather" or not
    >you care, but I'd suggest you'd stick to the high level debates on letsrun, the
    >masturbating threads for instance would probably be more your thing.

marknhj, Maybe you could explain to this fine collection of humans why Weldon Johnson banned you from LetRun. I must admit , all the 12 year olds enjoyed your letsrun thread, " How many days can you go without taking a shower?"
    You still have this site and Dyestat dude.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"I hope Garry is listening to what the 18-34 demographic have to say. If they don't buy the Mag it will not exist ."

Sorry, but my experience in retail has been that the Boomers have the money. The magazine will exist because those age 35-60 have the ability to pay $45/year w/o blinking. Those who complain about $45/yr. subscription are not the subscribers the advertisers covet. If $45/yr. hurts you you have bigger issues.

Subscription revenue is only part of the equation - add in trips (not many 20 year olds likely pony up the $$ to take a T&FN trip to Athens) and advertising revenue (T&FN is a specialty mag. w/specialty ads) and you have the T&FN top line revenue. If every 18-34 year old quit subscribing tommorrow I am sure the magazine would survive - not that we don't want 18 year old subscribers - just don't expect there are many. And those that are subscribing at 18 - thanks!

That said, I am willing to step aside and let U of C have a crack at it, she and Sprintman can lead the way! I'm too friggin' old.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

U of C is unwise

Sorry to keep correcting you but subs are sold by the circulation department, not the sales department. I doubt "weather" or not you care, but I'd suggest you'd stick to the high level debates on letsrun, the masturbating threads for instance would probably be more your thing.

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied

That ad wasn't purchased by T&FN. It is a third party. See the link- http://www.valuemags.com/home/details.asp?MagID=1069

Plus banner ad placement is usually randomized so their (valuemags.com) ad might appear on the best letsrun thread for one user and the worst letsrun thread for the next.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

><"This thread displays pefectly why people like you ( M. Lewis. Pego. kuha1 ),
    >will cause the end of T&F News in the next 5 years.">

Well, I guess, if
    >something goes wrong with the T&FN in the foreseeable future, there is somebody
    >to be blamed. Are you listening, Garry? It's Michael, Kuha1 and me. U of C, how
    >absurd can you get?!

Garry should be listening. Subscriptions must be pretty dreadful at T&F News. T&F News are purchasing add banners on the "LetsRun" web forum
    site. Check it out, the T&F Banner directly above the"LetsRun" thread , " Will masterbating before a race, slow performance". Things must be getting desperate in the sales office. Directly under the Banner, the follow-up thread, "Why does T&F News cost $45.00 a year?" Pretty interesting reponse's I must say. I hope Garry is listening to what the 18-34 demographic have to say. If they don't buy the Mag it will not exist .

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

<"This thread displays pefectly why people like you ( M. Lewis. Pego. kuha1 ), will cause the end of T&F News in the next 5 years.">

Well, I guess, if something goes wrong with the T&FN in the foreseeable future, there is somebody to be blamed. Are you listening, Garry? It's Michael, Kuha1 and me. U of C, how absurd can you get?!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"Spending your Christmas determining how STUDID M. Lewis is , is not productive."

Right. Apparently the book has already been written, so U of Whogivesafuck can maybe turn his frightening intellect to real thesis material, such as:

"This thread displays pefectly why people like you ( M. Lewis. Pego. kuha1 ), will cause the end of T&F News in the next 5 years."

My theory, by Ewe of See.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

U of C: This is my last post on this thread. To be perfectly honest, your comments are so inarticulate that I'm honestly not sure what it is that you are complaining about. Is it that "everything" here is negative? Well, some small fraction of it may be, but that's it--there's FAR less negativity here than, for example, on Letsrun. You seem to be saying, for example, that "all" 50-somethings are bashing Blond runners, and SFH in particular. There HAS been some low-level Suzy-bashing of late, but I would point out that I, for one, have defended her (as if she really needed it) and have called for an end to such comments (which clearly were intended to be humorous, not vicious.) You also seem to suggest that all "elite ruuners [sic]" should be given "positive publicity" on this board. Why in the world would you or anyone else expect that? Do leading figures in ANY endeavor expect to receive nothing but "positive publicity"? Get real. The posters on this board tend to have been involved with the sport for many years--or even decades. They are passionate and knowledgable about it. Passion and knowledge may well lead to diverse opinions and viewpoints, but the goal is to keep it all friendly and lively. This is fun, after all, it's not life and death. I have yet to be convinced that the 20-something generation has any better answers to things than their parents' did. My gentle advice: cool off and grow up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X