Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt (46,94) Over Powell (48,76) at Queens/Grace Jackson

"The plan was... to take out the race early because Asafa is really fast. I know Asafa is not as strong as me, so I thought as long as I reached the 250 metre mark before him I knew I could get the win," Bolt reasoned.
    Said Powell:
    "Before the race, I felt good... my aim (of 45 seconds) was really a bit high, so I went out a little too hard and was trying to run on in the last 100 metres, but I wasn't strong enough,"
    Link

In the article on the IAAF site, Bolt says he is training for the 400m this year.
    Seems like a risky propostion to me, but perhaps all the competition at 200m has frightened him off.....

Comment

He mentioned a couple weeks back that he is looking forward to improving on his World Champs finish. I believe "training for the 400m" is akin to strength training for the 200m.

Comment

The bigger news is Simpson's 400m - great time for this time of year, and it shows she's back.

Comment

I agree, great run my Simpson so early in the year. Here is hoping that she is healthy come the end of the season. If she can return to 10.8 shape she could win the 100m in Bejing. Can she run 21.82 though?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster
            I agree, great run my Simpson so early in the year. Here is hoping that she is healthy come the end of the season. If she can return to 10.8 shape she could win the 100m in Bejing. Can she run 21.82 though?
            I think 10.80 and sub-10.80 may be a thing of the past in this "new" era. :wink: Remember, last year no one broke 11.0 at the USATF final or the IAAF final.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
              Originally posted by Speedster
              I think 10.80 and sub-10.80 may be a thing of the past in this "new" era. :wink: Remember, last year no one broke 11.0 at the USATF final or the IAAF final.
              Well 21.82 is at the same level as a time in the 10.8-10.9 range, and given the blanket finish in the 100, there are lots of candidates for going well, especially in a one-off race, as opposed to running on a single date as the fourth race in two days. Sub 10.80 is tough but I am guessing we will see a 10.8x this year.

Comment

Working...
              X