Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Spirit of the Marathon" movie

"Spirit of the Marathon" movie one night only Feb 21 in 250 theaters.

Some of those appearing in this 2 hours, 5 minutes movie:
    Men -- Daniel Njenga, Bill Rodgers, Alberto Salazar, Frank Shorter, Paul Tergat
    Women -- Deena Kastor, Paula Radcliffe, Grete Waitz

Details at: http://www.fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=694

It's 2:05 in length? Truly a world-class performance...

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
      I'm not impressed

Comment

http://www.runningmovies.com/index.htm

"This film has been four years in the making by director/producer/marathoner Jon Dunham with the team of Mark Jonathan Harris (Executive Producer), Gwendolen Twist (Producer), and Sarah Levy (Cinematographer). Jon has done more research, talked to more people, and filmed more hours (on four continents) than one would expect for any typical running film. But in no way is this production your "ordinary" running film. If you have read the press releases you already know that Olympic bronze medalist and American record holder Deena Kastor stars as she goes for her first marathon victory. Five others are also featured as they line up for the 2005 LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon: Daniel Njenga (from Nyahururu, Kenya), Lori O’Connor, Ryan Bradley, Leah Caille, and Jerry Meyers."

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
          What was the half time split? You know where they have an intermission and sell popcorn in the stands at some theaters in England.

Comment

Re: "Spirit of the Marathon" movie

Originally posted by James Fields
            "Spirit of the Marathon" movie one night only Feb 21 in 250 theaters.
            This will actually be the second showing; the first was on Jan 24. I attended at a suburban theatre in Connecticut and it was 70% full. Many theatres were sold out, according to several people I spoke to. Hence, the second showing.

I thought the film was quite good, with gorgeous race footage from the 2005 Chicago Marathon, lots of period footage of old races, and pertinent interviews by many running experts and former athletes The material was elevated further by a beautiful score by Jeff Beal, which used a full orchestra. It's definitely worth the price of admission.

David Monti, Race Results Weekly

Comment

Earlier thread on this at:

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=29269

Comment

I saw it also on Jan. 24th here in Provo Utah...about 90% full theatre...lots of runners in this area. And I agree with David Monti...well worth the price, a real treat for anyone who has run or wants to run a marathon...best running film I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                X