Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marion Jones

She actually has incredible jumping ability, just no technique.

Comment

the newsletters said that Marion Jones' training was going fine and she will be ready for the 2004 the olimpics this year.

p.s
      if you know anything about Marion Jones e-mail me please

Comment

Well,that is true she is a great long jumper, but she could be jumping more than 23'.

Comment

Marion is a bad jumper. Im glad she never won in Sydney Olmpic as it should be a proper longjumper winning!

Her technique is not so bad as some say but she will not get new pb in this event now at this age. She doesnt need this new PB to win ok, but she will find it hard to get over 7m again. Her technique problems are obvious I dont need to show you these, but other jumpers must be confident that they can beat this woman as she never won a gold medal in this event!
          I watch this event much as I compete in it until some years recently but I am not excited by this anymore. The Swede Kluft is good and maybe the future if she concentrate more on this event. Kotova I should be supporting but she is not consistent like we were before. Olga Rubylova has talent but she never make it. Look out for new Russian names soon, I promise you will see new resurgence in this event soon

Comment

"Marion is a bad jumper. Im glad she never won in Sydney Olmpic as it should be a proper longjumper winning!"

I won't contradict you, but that's why we would like to see her win. It's called the 'best athlete' paradigm. She SHOULD beat whoever competes against her if she jumps the farthest, regardless of technique.

Comment

Walt Murphy noticed this piece:

"Triple Olympic
              champion Marion Jones will likely run her first race in
              more than a year at New York City's Millrose Games
              on February 6, the indoor meeting's organiser said
              Friday."

http://www.reuters.com/locales/newsArti ... ID=4104200

Comment

"Marion is a bad jumper. Im glad she never won in Sydney Olmpic as it should be a proper longjumper winning!"

If someone with good form loses to someone with lousy form, they've been properly trounced, no?

Comment

Walt Murphy just circulated a press release from Millrose making Marion's participation official.

Comment

For some updates on Marion and Tim try:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ILoveMarionJones2/

Comment

Long jumping will shorten Marion's career rather than prolonging it. She is painful even to watch; it is hard to imagine how much SHE must hurt everytime she jams one of those straight up landings. She is not just a bad jumper, she is horrible! How can such a super-athlete (an All-American caliber BB player, even) be such s terrible technician in the long jump?

Comment

C.J will never be back because the flow is not there anymore.Tim Montgumery will be there forever.

Comment

she is horrible in the long jump because she does not have the form. If she come to me for a week she would be jumping 27' to 29' feet. All she need to do is e-mail me at [email protected] to get all the information.

Comment

Working...
                          X