Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Expect Many Posts Today...

After all it is December 24, and you know what that means, doni't you? All proper men start their Xmas shopping today! (Of course, if you're good at it, you should be done by noon.)

Gentlemen, start your engines!

This bit of Xmas silliness brought to you by T&FN.

Re: I Don't Expect Many Posts Today...

Amen to that, GH! I told a single (and looking) lady friend that her best shot of finding a man was on Dec. 24 at the mall. Just pick the guy who is buying something patently wrong for a woman, and you KNOW he will be free from the 26th onwards

Comment

Oh, NO! I spent so much time trying to figure out GH's high-schoolers-who-beat-Snell that I forgot tomorrow is Christmas.

Comment

ha! fooled you - I did it all last night at 1am at the Super-WalMart. They really do have everything a body could want. I found my wife a nice 3-speed drill I think she'll particularly enjoy. My college-age daughter likes jewelry and they had a great sale on Rudolph pins (nose lights up red!) so I know she'll be happy with that. Merry Christmas to one and all!

Comment

I'm thankful for the wonders of internet shopping, and free gift wrapping. What a way to pass the time at work!

Comment

I started mine at 5pm yesterday but got sick of waiting for the shop assistants and aborted. I now have 3 hours until the lady I live with picks up her son and brings him over here. I'm praying for major traffic jams in LA. I haven't even a clue what to buy!

Comment

I bought my wife a slightly used copy of "The Juha Vaatainen Story" (in Finnish, naturally), and a ticket in my name to the '04 Weltklasse. Who says track nuts are thoughtless nerds?

Comment

Aw come on. Real men don't start until noon on the 24th. It is almost 10:30PM and I have been done for hour.

Comment

Started at 3:00 yesterday afternoon and emerged from the Eaton Centre finished about 90 minutes later - and kept it down to about 12 CDs, a book and some kids' toys. Oh yeah and the Bey Blades and magic trick box I picked up a month ago, totally out of character for me. So I guess I'm 90% "REAL MAN" and definitely sweating buckets over it.

Comment

<Who says track nuts are thoughtless nerds?>

Like taking my wife to the trials. Somehow she thinks there could be a better vacation than sitting hours under the hot sun and eating hot dogs for 10 days. She keeps talking about other people going to Hawaii and other such things. Imagine that!
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I'd suggest that our wives get together in a support group, but if they did, I'm sure we'd all get dumped. Hawaii? I think I've heard of it...which meet is held there?

Comment

I think Pego's wife is referring to the Honolulu Marathon. I don't think that is the race for hard core track nuts, which you would have to be if you are reading this today.

Comment

I took my wife to the 1992 trials in New Orleans. Anyone who was there knows how oppressive the heat and humidity were. The first night, she told me to just take her to the airport so that she could fly back home! However, she persevered (with help from the French Quarter distractions each night).

Comment

The '92 trials were really a test of fan dedication--a horrible place for a major track meet. (I was there too.)

Comment

We were there and had a great time! There was Dan and Dave stuff everywhere from Reebok. We sat down in out seats 2 minutes before Dan's final miss at his opening height and as we watched it, we had no idea what was happening. It turned out to be one of the biggest stories of the Trials. My family had a blast - Trials in the day, downtown at night.

Comment

Working...
                              X