X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Re: I Don't Expect Many Posts Today...

I don't remember the seats being that bad, but you are right that it was not the best of stadiums. I do remember that it awful getting a hotel room. We flew into town from Colorado, with the idea of just finding a room. Who wants to go to New Orleans in the summer? Ha! Apparently, it is popular with conventions in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Ah yes, the finish line. You mean the place where because of the flat pitch of the stands you couldn't actually see anything until the last few meters?

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

One nice thing about the 92 trials was that none of the locals seem to want to go. My brother and I bought tickets from a scalper for half price that were right on the finish line.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

Under the tent outside the stadium they had the best jambalaya I ever had (much better than in any of those fancy restaurants in the French Quarter). They also had the best tartar sauce in North America anywhere. What sucked the most was the busing from the parking area in the park to the stadium and back.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

We were there and had a great time! There was Dan and Dave stuff everywhere from Reebok. We sat down in out seats 2 minutes before Dan's final miss at his opening height and as we watched it, we had no idea what was happening. It turned out to be one of the biggest stories of the Trials. My family had a blast - Trials in the day, downtown at night.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The '92 trials were really a test of fan dedication--a horrible place for a major track meet. (I was there too.)

Leave a comment:

• Bob Duncan
    replied

I took my wife to the 1992 trials in New Orleans. Anyone who was there knows how oppressive the heat and humidity were. The first night, she told me to just take her to the airport so that she could fly back home! However, she persevered (with help from the French Quarter distractions each night).

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

I think Pego's wife is referring to the Honolulu Marathon. I don't think that is the race for hard core track nuts, which you would have to be if you are reading this today.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'd suggest that our wives get together in a support group, but if they did, I'm sure we'd all get dumped. Hawaii? I think I've heard of it...which meet is held there?

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

<Who says track nuts are thoughtless nerds?>

Like taking my wife to the trials. Somehow she thinks there could be a better vacation than sitting hours under the hot sun and eating hot dogs for 10 days. She keeps talking about other people going to Hawaii and other such things. Imagine that!

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis
    replied

Started at 3:00 yesterday afternoon and emerged from the Eaton Centre finished about 90 minutes later - and kept it down to about 12 CDs, a book and some kids' toys. Oh yeah and the Bey Blades and magic trick box I picked up a month ago, totally out of character for me. So I guess I'm 90% "REAL MAN" and definitely sweating buckets over it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Aw come on. Real men don't start until noon on the 24th. It is almost 10:30PM and I have been done for hour.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I bought my wife a slightly used copy of "The Juha Vaatainen Story" (in Finnish, naturally), and a ticket in my name to the '04 Weltklasse. Who says track nuts are thoughtless nerds?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I started mine at 5pm yesterday but got sick of waiting for the shop assistants and aborted. I now have 3 hours until the lady I live with picks up her son and brings him over here. I'm praying for major traffic jams in LA. I haven't even a clue what to buy!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm thankful for the wonders of internet shopping, and free gift wrapping. What a way to pass the time at work!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X