X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRs

im a sophmore male in hs
    400:55.7 time trial(soph)
    800:2:13(relay fresh year after 10:01 3200)
    1600:4:35.84(freshman)
    3200:9:57.87(freshman)
    5000:16:44(sophmore xc)
    6miles:35:41(training run soph year)

Comment

Hej!?
      Vem snackar man me?

Comment

athlete72125: You hang tough in there... you have some impressive frosh PRs. Look for 4.18-4.21 this season, and 9.30-9.35 in the 3200m. Keep everyone informed.

VAXJO:

Det är bara jag som skriver... ingen här som känner mig överhuvudtaget. Training Away för att göra ett förök till att springa 1,500m i OS. Tävlar mot Jennings, Robison, Webb, och mm. Ingen vet vad det är som kan hända om vi tar det för försiktigt första två varv.

Du då? Klüft-land! Var i Karlskrona i helgen, och fick se hennes nya hus.

Ha det!

Comment

I'm going over to the "Finnish Athletics" message board and talk dirty in Amuricun.

Comment

Good thing a lot of Finns speak Swedish, then.

Comment

Getting close to 50 so I can start all over - took up deca in mid 30's (must have been the beer) 1500 - 4:23.9 and 1.99 in deca that year
              at 40 in deca
              100 - slow
              LJ 5.95
              SP 11.20
              HJ 1.88
              400 56.21
              HH 16.46
              DT 33.12
              PV 3.30
              JT 41.30
              1500 - 4:52

Looking to lifetime PR in PV this year

Comment

10K - 48:00 (while carrying Marius through sewers) :-)

Comment

>10K - 48:00 (while carrying Marius through sewers) :-)

Jean Val Jean!!!

Comment

All my coaches said I had to move up in distance as I got older but I did the opposite.

100 - 11.9h (1998)
                    200 - 24.33 fat (2003)
                    400 - 51.51 fat (2003)
                    800 - 1:58.0 fat (1997)
                    1600 - 4:38 (1996)
                    3200 - 10:17 (1996)
                    5K - 17:09 (1994)

Comment

100yd finished last not timed 220 22.5 440 49.9 880 2.o1

Comment

VAXJO:

Det är bara jag som skriver... ingen här som känner
                        >mig överhuvudtaget. Training Away för att göra ett förök till att springa
                        >1,500m i OS. Tävlar mot Jennings, Robison, Webb, och mm. Ingen vet vad det är
                        >som kan hända om vi tar det för försiktigt första två varv.

Du då?
                        >Klüft-land! Var i Karlskrona i helgen, och fick se hennes nya hus.

Ha
                        >a det!

Sorry everyone, hope you don't mind me speaking swedish for a moment.

Vadå om VI tar det försiktigt första två varven? Det är händelsevis inte så att du pluggar i USA?
                        Om inte så tror jag du har din bas ganska nära mig?
                        Men ärligt talat så kan jag lika gärna va ute o cykla? kan du inte ge mig ett PB?

Comment

Vaxjö:

3.55.6y
                          8.45.9 (5000 m)

Träner i snön utanför och norr om Göteborg. Amerikansk.

I am stuck between wanting to run the 1500 m and the 5000 m. I have basic 400/800 m speed, but need more turnover for the 1 500m. Working out here in Scandinavia has been a good base-builder.

Comment

I have US citizenship as of 3 years back - along with my current citizenship - but do not compete for the USA, as I live in Europe. All of my marks have been overlooked - or bypassed - when rankings and lists have been tallied the past three years.

That is ok, though, because in the next year, I will have to run in the US in order to try out for the Olympics.

Comment

>I have US citizenship as of 3 years back - along with my current citizenship -
                              >but do not compete for the USA, as I live in Europe. All of my marks have
                              >been overlooked - or bypassed - when rankings and lists have been tallied the
                              >past three years.

All your marks have been overlooked? Interesting claim, given the quality of the marks listed above. However, just thought I'd try and confirm your story and it looks like you're right, you have been overlooked in rankings and lists for the past three years.

Using your 1500 (3:38.36) and mile (3:55.6y) times, I had a look at world all-time lists at http://w1.196.telia.com/~u19603668/atb-m06.htm and http://w1.196.telia.com/~u19603668/atb-m07.htm (which go to 3:38.7 and 3:59.9 respectively). There's a Swede who ran 3:38.35 in 1996 and an American who ran 3:55.6h in 1963, but I doubt either are you.

Since those above lists only appear to cover through to 2001, I then checked the IAAF 2002 and 2003 outdoor lists (http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/toplists ... index.html and http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/toplists ... index.html ) for both 1500 and mile. Sure enough, there are no likely contenders with your times.

I'd be curious to know what meets some of your performances were done in as it is a great statistical travesty that someone of your apparent calibre could be completely ignored by record keepers of the sport. Surely there would be plenty of lobbying available from the crowd here to ensure that you are properly recognized for your efforts and accomplishments.

Comment

400-49.5
                                800-153.4
                                8k-27:04
                                10k-34:30

Comment

Working...
                                X