Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: PRs

Is that right I actually have not decided if I was gonna wear it after the olympics. I have gotten used to it and it has been a tremendous source of motivation and I dont wear it for fans I wear it for me and right know it is doing the job. So as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. So sorry I'm gonna wear it yet another year!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>I taunted the anchor leg for about 60 meters and the funny thing is he couldn't
    >catch me and I loved it because I was tired of losing to them. And enjoyed
    >every minute of it when we broke there 23 year old winning streak the next
    >year.

That is certainly what took place! And there was a hell of a lot of booing... BTW...I find that red flashing gizmo to be very annoying, please don't wear it in 2004!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

asterisk, you're trying too hard. training could be Tom Mayo, who posts on Letsrun at times.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Ironicaly we got DQed on 3rd leg by my friend and team mate from high shool and junior college who folloed me to SC vince williams but never really reached his potential. But since mine was more evident I got the blame not to mention the only and only time that I got booed but it felt good!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I taunted the anchor leg for about 60 meters and the funny thing is he couldn't catch me and I loved it because I was tired of losing to them. And enjoyed every minute of it when we broke there 23 year old winning streak the next year.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>So do we believe that "you guys are funny" is actually Felix Sanchez?

hmmmm...indeed. Here's a test (did this once with Savante S. and he passed). "You guys are funny"...what unusual incident took place in your last USC vs. UCLA meet at Drake Stadium?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

HJ 2.25
    110HH 14.80
    600m 1:27
    300m 37
    400m 50.2

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

So do we believe that "you guys are funny" is actually Felix Sanchez?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

DISTANCE RUNNERS LOL OOOPPPSSS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

100 10.56
    200 20.70 w
    400 44.90
    800 150.33
    400h 47.I forget lol
    Well I read these every day after my training session and when I see your PRs I see why you dont think I should be athlete of the year. You all are disstant runners and dont really appreciate the 400h but that is ok. and honestly I didn't deserve it this year ....well I'll say not as much as last year but maybe they figured it out a little late. Either way I'm honored and I have never been so motivated for this year!

P.S. FIGHT ON!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPS WITH OR WITH OUT THE BCS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• hjsteve1.97
    replied

I am just like you, perhaps in reverse; the HJ is the only field event in which I can "think" metrically.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Hi markster..... if you had any appreciation for feet/inches at all, I am sure
    >being stuck on 2.13 was quite frustrating !

Yeah Steve, we still knew about feet/inches in those days (late 1970's) so it was damned frustrating to be just under 7'! It's funny though, I know all the metric-feet/inches converstions up to 2.45 to the 1/4" off the top of my head. When watching the other events though I still (after living here almost 20 years)can't work out what a say 56' TJ is. And as for the long throws...I usually take a T&F News with me so I can figure out how far/high they've gone.

Leave a comment:

• hjsteve1.97
    replied

Hi markster..... if you had any appreciation for feet/inches at all, I am sure being stuck on 2.13 was quite frustrating !

But you sure blasted on up once you got healthy !

And to think I used to dream of jumping the "magic" 2.00; I never made it. One half decent jump at 6' 7", but even it was not real close. But since it was the day of my most thrilling win I'm not complaining !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I had a couple of quite frustrating ones. Got stuck on 2.13 for about 18 months as I was injured...that's about an 1/8th of an inch under 7'. Then jumped 2.25m in 1980 but when they re-measured it turned out to be 2.2475m and was listed at 2.24m. Spent most of the next 4 years battling injury so could never beat that mark. Still annoys me 24 years later!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

100m 11.5
    200m 22.8
    400m 52.0
    800m 2:05
    1,500m 4:27
    2 mile 11:02
    5,000m 17:40
    5 miles 29:58
    10,000m 38:30
    1/2 Marathon 1:31:41
    Marathon 3:59
    LJ 21'2"
    HJ 5'11"
    300IH 39.5
    400IH 57.6
    Javelin 117' (Only competition and with 104 degree fever)

As you can all see, I covered a lot of territory, through 30 years of competition. Great trip, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X