New Year Wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year Wish

As we are on the threshold of the New Year, what is your wish for 2004? I have two.
    1. Temperatures in Sacramento in the 80's
    2. Successful OG's without terrorism or assholes of all kinds.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Re: New Year Wish

I have a few - in addition to seconding your wish for a safe OG - I wish for world peace (oh, right, this isn't the Miss Universe pageant) , ok, how about true progess in the fight against drugs in sport, not miniscule advances, but a miraculous breakthrough which will be to our sport and others what penicillin was to medicine. One that sets the cheats so far behind that they will feel like Tikritis after Saddam was found.

After that I'll settle for as many world records as we can possibly get in Athens (400H men and women, women 4x100, women HJ,) and the nicest of all would be to see Yamile Aldama there setting a global best .

Comment

But who will she compete for?
      why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

>But who will she compete for?

Herself. Let the people compete. That's my wish for next year. Allow all people who qualify to compete in the OG. Being without a state or being the 5th best USA 100m runner or the 20th best Kenyan steepler or the 5th best Greek woman discus thrower (I know, I know…) is a very poor excuse for denying to someone to have a chance to become Olympic Champion.

Cheers

Comment

But who will she compete for?

That's left up to the Great Granter of New Year's Wishes.

Comment

After that I'll settle for as many
            >world records as we can possibly get in Athens (400H men and women, women
            >4x100, women HJ,) and the nicest of all would be to see Yamile Aldama there
            >setting a global best .

You better wish hard if the male 400mh will be broken. I don'tthink "supersanchez" will be able to do so in any near future.

Comment

"You better wish hard if the male 400mh will be broken. I don'tthink "supersanchez" will be able to do so in any near future."

Let's wait and see. T&f is wonderful also for this reason.

Comment

Working...
              X