Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five T&FN subscruptions for $88!

C’mon now, boys and girl(!), I posted this under ‘January issue issues’ and I didn’t exactly hear the ol’ bandwagon creaking under all that weight of people clambering on! T&FN is offering 5 subscriptions for $88 in order to lower the demographic of the magazine, (presently centered on 67.9 and rising!), priming the well, as it were. The theory is that we infect hapless young people with the virus by getting a gift subscription and they become so smitten with gh’s witticisms, that they re-subscribe under their own power.

Yes, I know we will also be feeding the filthy greed of the staff – the stretch Hummers, the super-model groupies, their fat boil-infested behinds in first-class seats, off to exotic locales we can only dream of – but it’s a dirty job and someone’s got to do it. But that’s the point – T&FN is the only one covering T&F the way it should be covered, and we remain hostage to their evil intent.

I lauunched my $88 today, sending it on its epic odyssey to Mountain View. And if I (how do you capitalize ‘capital I’?) can do it, certainly all you doctors and lawyers (if certainly SEEMS like that’s all we have here) can spring for a measly $88 FOR CRISSAKES (oh, bad holiday pun)! Certainly you all know 5 worthy pretenders to our thrones? Who will keep up the inane patter after we have shed this mortal coil?

Seriously, if you’re a ‘regular’ [hjsteve, MJR, MJD, Pego, ML, kuha, et al!) you need to push your gelatinous butt away from the screen long enough to walk your envelope out to the mailbox. Do it now . . . no, now . . . you’ll forget later . . . NOW!

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

Now, back to the “Earn Millions Without Lifting a Finger!” threads.

Re: Five T&FN subscruptions for $88!

damn! I can't even spell SUBSCRIPTIONS, and I are an English teacher. Fix it, Ben!

Comment

Ok I'm in. Trouble is that I just got my December issue a little while ago and I don't know whether it will apply to fereners. We have our annual club banquet in February and I'll have them given out as either draw prizes or as part of the awards we give out.

Comment

Yes I have been proscratinating til the holidays are over and this offer IS amazing - if they aren't already, they should be promoting this to high school coaches who can then introduce their charges to the caviar of T&F coverage.

Comment

that was my thought.... get this message to the coaches.

I would gladly donate the $ 88 if I had some names.

Comment

>that was my thought.... get this message to the coaches.

I would gladly
            >donate the $ 88 if I had some names.

Go to your local club and work it out that way.

Comment

>>that was my thought.... get this message to the coaches.

I would
              >gladly
              >donate the $ 88 if I had some names.

Go to your local club and work
              >it out that way.

I'll do something, I promise.

Comment

I'll also contribute $88 to the cause if any coaches want to come up with the names of some worthy kids. Post your email and I will get in contact with you.

Comment

I guess I forgot to post the other half of T&FN's offer - if you send them the $88 (or any multiple thereof, I guess), they are soliicting names for these subscriptions. Some anonymous donor has started with some (presumably significant) amount for free first-time subscribers, and we can add to the pot, with or without names. I sent in the $88 with 5 names because I AM a HS coach and know which of my athletes are most likely to get infected. I really do think this is a worthy 'cause', even though T&FN is a commercial entity. We can all benefit from life-long fans (and well-informed ones at that).

Would staffers like to add anything?

Comment

Re: Five T&FN subscriptions for $88!

>Would staffers like to add anything?<

I'm not a staffer, but I'll throw in my $88.

Comment

Re: Five T&FN subscriptions for $88!

excellent - but I meant would T&FN staffers like to add commentary, i.e., elucidate on the plan, or is that too hucksterish?

Comment

>>The athlete is:

Roman Simmonds-delaCoeur>>

Poor bastard should get a lifetime subscription just for being stuck with such a name.

Comment

Working...
                        X